Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there something wrong with the Koodo network right now? I can't make any calls

I can't seem to make any calls right now.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey Lisa, Which phone are you using? Have you tried to pull the battery out for few seconds? Keep us posted! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 6
Tayeb A wrote:

Hey Lisa, Which phone are you using? Have you tried to pull the battery out for few seconds? K...

She is using an iphone.
I put my phone off and put it back on again. I can make calls now. I am using the Iphone 5C
Userlevel 5
Lisa Dublin wrote:

I put my phone off and put it back on again. I can make calls now. I am using the Iphone 5C

Thanks for your reply Lisa, this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3406 will guide you trough the troubleshooting steps. Let us know if you still need help after following these instructions!
I cannot receive some incoming calls, which directly go to my voice mailbox. I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Userlevel 5
Ted Zhao wrote:

I cannot receive some incoming calls, which directly go to my voice mailbox. I'm using Samsung Ga...

Hey Ted, Have you tried to pull the battery out or reboot your phone for few seconds? If you need immediate assistance, please call 1-866-995-6636 free of charge from a land line (Press 6 to reach our Tech Support). A Representative will look into this. Hours of operation: Mon-Fri: 9am - 9pm local time Weekends: 9am - 7pm local time We look forward to assisting you! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Ted Zhao wrote:

I cannot receive some incoming calls, which directly go to my voice mailbox. I'm using Samsung Ga...

Hi Ted, that's a known but unacknowledged issue with the note 2 on Koodo's network. I had my note 2 replaced 3 times and replaced the sim card twice and still had the same problems with calls going right to voice mail and delays receiving texts. I finally gave up and bought an unlocked note 3.
Userlevel 6
Ted Zhao wrote:

A known issue? Did they tell you that?
Ted Zhao wrote:

Yes, a tier two tech support acknowledged that it was an he was aware of with the note 2. That's why I say known but unacknowledged, Koodo hasn't officially acknowledged there is an issue but someone in tech support seems to be aware. If you look at the reviews of the Note 2 on Koodo's website, there have been others reporting the same issue.
Ted Zhao wrote:

Yesterday, I called Koodo's customer support twice. They cannot solve it, but their attitude is good. Today, Calgary local time 13:40, I call them again because the problem is still there. One representative, her name is Julie, she is very bad, very very bad. Her attitude sucks. I have no idea how Koodo hire such people. Her solution is also stupid. When she doesn't assure what is the problem, how can she just push customer to spend extra money to buy another SIM card. What if the problem exists after buying a new one? Have Koodo hired anyone who really know network, telecommunication etc techniques?
Ted Zhao wrote:

Not sure about all Walmart locations, but my local one will sell you a sim card for 1.00 if you are already a Koodo customer. Just tell them that Koodo has told you to purchase a new sim card to troubleshoot an issue. Not that it will work for your issue with your Note 2, but at least then you can go back to Koodo and say you've tried it and you're only out a dollar. Stick with it until they figure something out for you: even though there are issues with this phone, Koodo generally has excellent customer service and tries to ensure you are happy with your service. Ask for a supervisor if you're not getting anywhere with level one reps.