Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is there anyway to disable iPhone voicemail btn. I keep hitting it by mistake which causes unnecessary charges on my prepaid plan.

Userlevel 1
Is there anyway to disable iPhone voicemail btn (or what it does). I keep hitting it by mistake which causes unnecessary charges on my prepaid plan. (Not Jail broken nor do I want to jailbreak)

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Fred,

Voicemail is included in your plan, if you felt like you accidentally hit the voicemail icon in your phone app. End the call right away to avoid using your Canada-wide minutes.
Userlevel 1
Erwin wrote:

Hi Fred,

Voicemail is included in your plan, if you felt like you accidentally hit the voicemail...

The issue is that I keep hitting the "Voicemail" btn by mistake with my thumb. I don't ever check voicemail from my iPhone (to avoid canada wide minute charges). So, the question is.... is there a way to disable the btn or make it so when pressed, it doesn't dial voice mail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Erwin wrote:

Hi Fred,

Voicemail is included in your plan, if you felt like you accidentally hit the voicemail...

Hello Fred.

You could try this : http://iphone-tricks.com/tutorial/1555-how-to-turn-off-voicemail-on-iphone
Userlevel 1
Erwin wrote:

Hi Fred,

Thx for your feedback. Unfortunately, I don't want to disable voicemail.  I want to disable/get rid of the voicemail "Button". I want to be able to check my voicemail from a landline to avoid charges (prepaid plan) checking my voicemail.