Koodo Community

Is their service down

• New User
  • 7 replies

I have had a issue since Dec 18. At which time I was informed that they are having technical difficulties and can not access my account to look at it. Anyone else having this problem. Current out of country and do not want the long didstance. And no the Koodo assist can not help with this problem of being charged something I did not use. "

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What is the issue that you are having? Were you told how long it would be before your account can be accessed or what the problem is? I'm not aware of any issues with that. If it comes to it you can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it sorted out
Badge +4
I know they were having issues where they could not verify accounts through Facebook. Not sure if they still can't. Have you tried through Twitter?
Not yet. Messenger is still down.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WC wrote:

Not yet. Messenger is still down.

Can you tell us what was the problem in the first place that you needed to call?

You were out of country now and messenger was down? but you still can access the internet forum? Koodo don't provide internet oversea though unless you were roaming.
This is the reply I got through messenger:

Hello and thanks for reaching out!

We’d love to have the opportunity to help you out with your query, however, we’re experiencing a technical hiccup with our authentication tool, preventing us from being able to access customers' accounts over social media.

The team is currently working on a fix but we currently have no ETA on a resolution. Until then, please chat with our Koodo Assist here: http://koodo.com/chat. If your question remains unanswered, you’ll be able to schedule a call back at a time that’s convenient for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. - Karl
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@WC - what's the issue that you're having? If you can share the general details (without providing account specifics), we should be able to assist or better guide you here.
I have been in the US for awhile. Here I have a US AT&T phone and my internet is through Suddenlink. So I do not use my phone while here. Every year I have been charged a roaming fee. My bill shows no usage 0. I know when they said I used it I was driving from Salt lake to Las Vegas. No phone. I go through this every year. In the end I have always been given a credit. But seriously they have been down for way to long for a large company with no customer service. I have been coming down for the last 10 years. Oct - April.
Badge +4
Go to settings/cellular/network selection. Take it off automatic. Select Koodo when the list comes up. This will now prevent your phone from being able to roam and it will be locked to Koodo. If you ever do want to roam you'll have to move it back to automatic.

If the phone ever updates go back and make sure it is still on manual(Koodo) as updating sometimes changes it back to automatic.
Phone is still off. I have tried over the years to take it off auto and put on manual. It just changes itself back to auto every time as soon As I am out of the
reach of Koodo. Data is off. All my updates and apps are set to wifi only. No cellular data connections allowed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WC wrote:

Phone is still off. I have tried over the years to take it off auto and put on manual. It just changes itself back to auto every time as soon As I am out of the
reach of Koodo. Data is off. All my updates and apps are set to wifi only. No cellular data connections allowed.

Is the phone off the entire time?
Like you are in Canada, turn off the phone, arrive in the US, travel, then land in Canada and turn the phone back on?
Because if you turn it on while in the US, it will incur some minuscule data leakage before it realizes the settings. This is likely what is causing the roaming charges
Leave phone on but have data etcturned off. Turn data back on when in Canada. Have been doing this for the past 6 years. When they do check my data usage it’s registered at 0 data usage. I also check my bills and the data used. None has ever showed up on my statement only the charge. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WC wrote:

Leave phone on but have data etcturned off. Turn data back on when in Canada. Have been doing this for the past 6 years. When they do check my data usage it’s registered at 0 data usage. I also check my bills and the data used. None has ever showed up on my statement only the charge. .

What does the statement charge say?

How much is the charge?

Can you post a screen shot of it here (minus any personal info of course). THe detailed pdf ebill should reveal all applicable charges