Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is my iPhone blocked or barred ?

Hi, I recently purchased an iPhone which turns out to be locked on Telus/KooDoo. How can I find out if it's currently blocked or not? I've only got the IMEI.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Have you tried putting a Koodo SIM in it?
Hi John, thanks for your reply. I bought it through eBay and I did not get a Koodo SIM with it.
Is there any other way to find out if this phone is blocked by Telus/Koodoo?
do you mean locked to telus or koodo? the best way is to find out from apple themselves. if you have the imei you can contact telus or koodo tech support and ask them to check their inventory system and then contact apple directly (this way you are not charged by apple for any consult). i am unsure if a tech agent will be able to do this for you if you are not a customer though so you may end up having to call apple yourself. apple can check the imei for the tech agent and confirm right away if it is carrier locked to telus or koodo and if it is set to activate with a different carrier after a restore in itunes etc. most mobility tech agents have a direct line to all manufacturers for support.
Thanks vaaeermina. I mean barred, as in blocked by the carrier. I know it's locked to Telus/KooDo, but I want to know if it's barred, as lost/stolen/unpaid balance, etc.
Userlevel 4
Vincent Kalf wrote:

Thanks vaaeermina. I mean barred, as in blocked by the carrier. I know it's locked to Telus/KooDo...

If you have the IMEI, post the number in the empty box in this link.. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml That will tell you wether or not it has been reported lost/stolen
oh ok well service is attached to the sim card, so as long as your sim card is active with telus/koodo after a restore in itunes it should pick up service (or it might pick up service after a full shutdown and restart without a restore even being necessary). as long as your own account isn't suspended for unpaid balance etc. the phone should work. if you're not with telus or koodo and you're looking to have the phone unlocked to use with a different carriers sim i would call customer care to go over unlocking fees and eligibility.
vaaeermina wrote:

oh ok well service is attached to the sim card, so as long as your sim card is active with telus/...

*also check the link Tyler C posted