Koodo Community

Community

Solved

is koodo $25 (1G)data type LTE or 3G/2G?

i just got $25 data plan yesterday and turned LTE on to use google map .the phone showed me i ve used 7.6MB but the balance is still 0/1024MB.....is this only works on 3G/2G ???

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Where did you see a data plan?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
there can be a delay on self serve.  Usage data will show all network types including LTE
the app takes time as the EDRs/usage needs to be aggregated and processed.. usually they do it once per day during off peak.. at night time when.
Userlevel 7
Michel S wrote:

the app takes time as the EDRs/usage needs to be aggregated and processed.. usually they do it on...

What?
Michel S wrote:

the app takes time as the EDRs/usage needs to be aggregated and processed.. usually they do it on...

I was not responding on the data plan question you asked Chad.. but on the main one, that there is a delay between the app and the realtime usage as the XDRs need to be processed..
Badge +4
Hi Bill,

Koodo does not use a 2G GSM network, so no data is being transferred there. However, Koodo's 3G and 4G networks are capable of transmitting/receiving data. The main difference between 3G and 4G is speed. 4G boasts speeds ten times faster than that of 3G, though mileage will vary depending on conditions, the presence of obstructions whether natural or non-natural and your proximity to the nearest cell tower.

Depending on which iPhone you have , you should be able to switch between 3G and 4G LTE. If you use Google Maps often, you may want to take a look at some map apps that allow you to navigate without the need for data to be turned on all the time.

HERE Maps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...