Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is it just me or has the price of Koodo phones gone way up? Especially iPhones?

Userlevel 3
Wow! I only paid $725.00 for my iPhone 6 the day they were released,why has the price gone so much higher? Like $140 more!!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Gerry, You sure you did not get a tab small when you got that new iPhone, if you did then 150$ got taken off of it's price and put on a tab which is vaguely the difference between the current price of the phone on Koodo's website. If not, then I am really unsure, could of been a special introductory price because Koodo's price is almost identical to the price Apple is charging on their website. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 3
Hi Mathieu, That was full price when I got the iPhone on launch day! There were no specials and I didn't purchase it on any tab! I paid full price and that was $725.00 So,if I was to get this iPhone again it would now cost $864?? I think that's absolutely ridiculous !!! Should be iilegal to jack up those prices so high!!
Userlevel 7
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

Hi Mathieu, That was full price when I got the iPhone on launch day! There were no specials an...

Hi Gerry, As I said, go look at the Apple price for the phone, or Rogers, Bell, or Telus. They are all almost the same. You got it for 725$, I don't see why you are complaining about it!
Userlevel 3
Gerry Hanlon wrote:

Hi Mathieu, That was full price when I got the iPhone on launch day! There were no specials an...

I read a couple threads here and what I can get from it is that Apple are the ones who recently jacked up the prices due to the Canadian dollar! I wasn't complaining Mathieu,I was stating something that seemed a little offhand to me as I am sure quite a lot of others have done! And I just found my receipt from my iPhone and is was $775.00 not $725.00 as I stated earlier! My apologies!
Userlevel 7
Apple is greedy and increased the prices recently, citing the weak Canadian dollar as the reason, but none of the other manufacturers had to do the same so I'm off put by that. I hated Apple as it is and that just made me hate them more.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Apple is greedy and increased the prices recently, citing the weak Canadian dollar as the reason,...

I like Apple, just hate how expensive they're getting!!!
Userlevel 2
Don't hate Apple.. they like Koodo have to answer to their shareholders.. A weak Canadian dollar is a weak dollar..
Userlevel 7
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Don't hate Apple.. they like Koodo have to answer to their shareholders.. A weak Canadian dollar...

It's a cash grab. They're using it as a scapegoat. How come Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, and Motorola didn't increase the retail or term prices on any of their devices? Surely it would have affected them too, but the almighty Apple has to keep up their exorbitant profits. It's ridiculous. Their phones were great before albeit a tad pricey but now they're just too expensive to justify.