Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is 1gb of data enough for an iPhone? And do you get a message from Koodoo when you reach your limit?

5 replies

It really depends on what you do with the phone , and where and when you have Wifi access but if you want there s a data calaculator that will give you an idea: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/datacalculator.shtml And yes to your 2nd questions,you will receive text msg at like 50% 75% and 100% also with the Koodo app or on your self serve you will be able to see how much data you used and have left.
Userlevel 4
Ben B wrote:

It really depends on what you do with the phone , and where and when you have Wifi access but if ...

Here's the notification list Two text messages when you are under the limit: One at 75% of your allotted data bucket One at 95% of your allotted data bucket Once over their data bucket, you will receive: One at $10 of usage One at $50 of usage
Ben B wrote:

It really depends on what you do with the phone , and where and when you have Wifi access but if ...

I was very worried when I got my iPhone with a 500 meg plan. I downloaded a phone side data counter (data usage) and was very careful with my data for the first few months... and used 300 meg. Now I have a 6 gig plan with Koodo and use between 600 and 1.6 gig and am not careful AT ALL. In fact, I usually turn wifi off in my house as LTE is quicker. So yes, its lots.
Userlevel 5
Ben B wrote:

Well it all depends on your usage - if you think 1GB is enough, then it is enough. You only used 300MB when you were careful and about 600MB-1.6GB when you were carefree so I think if you use WiFi at home and be slightly careful - 1GB will be fine.
Ben B wrote:

I was answering the question not asking for an answer.