Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone Visual Voicemail problems

I added the visual voicemail on the self serve site about a week ago and it doesn't seem to work on my iPhone 6 (When I go to the voicemail tab on my phone, it just dials into the voicemail box.)  I have downloaded the new carrier settings and have tried just about everything I can find to try and get it working.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello MB. I'm not sure if it's relevant but maybe it's related to data? Do you have a data plan? Have you tried powering on and off your phone?
Robert wrote:

Hello MB. I'm not sure if it's relevant but maybe it's related to data? Do you have a data pl...

I do have a data plan.  I have also powered it on and off several times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello MB. I'm not sure if it's relevant but maybe it's related to data? Do you have a data pl...

Does your data plan work when away from wifi?
It also takes about 24 hours for Visual voicemail to activate.  Did you add this add-on on self serve?
Robert wrote:

Yes, the data plan works over wifi.  I also added this to my plan over a week ago and it hasn't worked.  Would it possibly work if I removed it from my plan and re-added it?  Or will that cause issues with my bill?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

I mean not over wifi.  Like turn off wifi and try your data
Robert wrote:

Sorry, I misread that! Yup, it does work when I'm away from wifi.
Userlevel 4
Hi MB! Did you use these instructions from Apple to update your carrier settings: http://koo.do/1H8Pv0n and do you have the latest software version on your phone? Keep us posted. 
Daniel wrote:

Hi MB! Did you use these instructions from Apple to update your carrier settings: [url=http:...

Yes, I did that before.  There was an update, and I pressed ok, but it's still not working.
Userlevel 3
Hey MB! We see that you removed/added the add-on through self-serve, did that help? 
It did!  It's working now.  Thanks for following up!
Userlevel 3
Awesome!! I'm glad to hear that 🙂. Have a great weekend!
hi, 

i've tried the above steps and followed the link posted above. I'm having the same issue where I have to dial into my voicemail to even see how many I have etc. 

visual voicemail is not working. 

any suggestions?