Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone USA texting

I'm in the states. Added the USA unlimited texting package for $15. I can't receive any texts if I have my data roaming and cellular data off. If I turn those on I'm going to be charged roaming fees correct?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Turning off data roaming and cellular data should have no effect on whether or not you can send/receive text messages. You won't be able to send/receive iMessages though unless you're on wifi
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Turning off data roaming and cellular data should have no effect on whether or not you can send/r...

Are you able to send any texts to non-iphones? Do you see a network connection to AT&T or T-Mobile? If it is an imessage issue as mentioned by Ahmad, when you are on wifi, I suggest you turn off imessage and wait for it to update the apple servers. This can help prevent imessages from being stuck in Apple's pipeline and have it sent as SMS
Ahmad wrote:

Turning off data roaming and cellular data should have no effect on whether or not you can send/r...

I have a us texting plan on my phone. And I cannot send or receive texts from friends with iPhones howeve.r texts from people with androids come through. I have my iMessage turned off. What else dominhave to do
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Try to deactivate imessage again just in case
https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
Userlevel 7
If you shut off the data roaming feature on your iPhone all it will connect to is the voice network in the United States. So all it will use is just texting as opposed to having data running in the back ground when you don't need it. Hope that helps answer your question 🙂