Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone SE reception issues

Userlevel 2
Koodo when are you going to have a update for the iPhone SE because reception pretty bad with this phone. Friends have iPhone 6s and have better reception then me in same area same provider. Plus it's my second SE phone , seems to me there's a glitch with the SE or the antenna are pretty bad.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you tr swapping Sims then with someone with Koodo to see if the problem follows ? Updates are sent direct from Apple so it would be on them if it's a software issue. You could have gotten a lemon for a replacement as well unfortunately. if the problem doesn't follow, then I'd go to an apple store about it.
Userlevel 2
Goran wrote:

Can you tr swapping Sims then with someone with Koodo to see if the problem follows ? Update...

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/908586?start=40&tstart=0
Userlevel 2
Have already did when I swapped the phone the gave me a new sim same thing no change at all. what I can't figure out is why is it when I'm in a poor signal area I get 3-4 dots of signal as soon as I turn on data I can see the dots dropping to 1 dot of connection ? It's like the phone is having a hard time switching 3G and voice
Userlevel 2
Did some online research and people on T-Mobile having same issue as me with very poor reception. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Ricardo.

Maybe 3G/LTE coverage is low in your area and that's why you get less signal? 
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello Ricardo.

If that's the case why did I get better signal on Moto G3 and iPhone 6 ? Exactly same locations ?
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello Ricardo.

Explain this , why is it when I'm in a poor weak area and I get 3 dots of signal strength as soon as I turn on data I get 1 dot and can't make calls
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Ricardo.

If you're activating data and then your cellphone connects to LTE, LTE coverage is lower then 3G this would explain why you get lower coverage with data. 

Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello Ricardo.

I don't use LTE that's disabled, only use 3G like I said before it worked great on my other phones.
Userlevel 2
Robert wrote:

Hello Ricardo.

When in a basement I can make a call but can't go on data dosent work on 3G with LTE disabled