Koodo Community

Community

iphone se not ringing when called

Our iPhone SE has been missing calls intermittently over the last month.  The 'do not disturb' feature is turned off and the ringer switch is in the on position (the orange bar is not showing.)

We know when we have missed a call because the phone beeps to indicate voice mail, even though the phone has been with us at the time the call was made. 

We fix it simply by rebooting the phone but there is no predicting when it will stop working. It usually lasts about a week before the problem reoccurs. 

Anyone else have this problem or familiar with the problem? Any long term fixes other than rebooting the phone?

Henk

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can try going to settings>reset and reset network settings to see if this provides a longer term solution
When to settings>general>reset  and then selected "Reset Network Setting"  Phone seemed to do a reboot, I had to enter in the wifi password since that was lost during the reset. Lets see what happens.  Thanks for the quick reply. I'll let you know if it works. 
Userlevel 1
Henk vdG wrote:

When to settings>general>reset  and then selected "Reset Network Setting"  Phone ...

It actually has nothing to do with WiFi settings
Userlevel 1
I recommend going into settings and be sure that all your sound settings are at full volume. I have had the exact same issue. Also make sure your ring tone is set to full volume using the up/down volume button on the side of your phone. 
Userlevel 1
I recommend going into settings and be sure that all your sound settings are at full volume. I have had the exact same issue. Also make sure your ring tone is set to full volume using the up/down volume button on the side of your phone. It is usually a longer button on side of phone that does the adjustments.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Red wrote:

I recommend going into settings and be sure that all your sound settings are at full volume. I ha...

Another idea is to test your ringtone choice to make sure it is making sound
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's also the problem where the iPhone would detect earphone when there isn't any, maybe that'w hy it isn'T ringing!
Robert wrote:

There's also the problem where the iPhone would detect earphone when there isn't any, maybe that'...

Are you referring to a blue tooth earphone?
Userlevel 7
Robert wrote:

There's also the problem where the iPhone would detect earphone when there isn't any, maybe that'...

No, sometimes the iPhone thinks a pair of headphones is physically connected to the device when it is not. Does it usually occur after you unplugged your headphones?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is your phone under Apple warranty? is there any apple store nearby also? Apple employees are quite helpful in dealing with those technical issues of their own products.
Where can I install the best ringtone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
agan molex wrote:

Agan, Normally you could find it in the appstore (ios) or google playstore (android)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
agan molex wrote:

How do you define best lol
agan molex wrote:

This app is pretty good. Much easier than navigating either store. https://www.zedge.net
agan molex wrote:

Thank you@Mats. I was introduced to the latest ringtones here:  Ringtone 2018
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
agan molex wrote:

You can also make your own ringtones and then load it onto your device
agan molex wrote:

I have got the best quality free ringtones for my phone. Thanks for your sharing.