Koodo Community
Solved

Iphone's won't connect to UK cell networks?

Wife and daughter currently in the UK, both with Iphones (6+ and 7+). Neither of them can connect to the UK cell networks. They've tried restarting their phones. setting network selection to automatic, and trying manually to connect. No luck.

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by BritCanuck 5 July 2019, 20:28

Thanks for the quick answers. I've enabled voice roaming on both phones. Will see if it works for them once I can get hold of them again! 🙂
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi,
Did they enable roaming add-on in their selfserve? https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam
No, They don't want to use roaming, Just pay per use. Does roaming need to be on regardless?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Using a koodo cellphone outside of Canada IS roaming. They'll need the international voice roaming add on on their account in order to connect to the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to do "payperuse" while in UK, you need the 2 add-on "International Data Roaming" and "International Voice Roaming". You can do it in your self-serve. Adding the "Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance" will also let you call an UK number.
Ok so looking at my account, they have Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance enabled. What's the difference between that and 'International Voice roaming'? Which they don't have enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The data roaming is optional and is only required if you wish to use data while roaming (which is phenomenally expensive at pay per use rates).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance allows calls from Canada to international numbers. International Voice roaming allows the sim card to connect to networks outside of Canada and the US.
Thanks for the quick answers. I've enabled voice roaming on both phones. Will see if it works for them once I can get hold of them again! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the quick answers. I've enabled voice roaming on both phones. Will see if it works for them once I can get hold of them again! :-)

They sometimes need to restart their phone to make it work (after the add-on addition).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If they can cut down on the gab and use all their thumbs, international texting is much cheaper than talk. AFAIK, incoming texts are free.