Koodo Community
Question

iPhone Repair

• 8 November 2019
  • 8 replies

I bought an iPhone 6s from Koodo last spring and it has developed a display issue where there are a series of lines on the screen from top to bottom.

It’s still under mfg warranty but I am not sure what I have to do.  I think I have to take it to apple but I don’t think I have the invoice for it any longer.  I am sure they will be able to determine when I bought the phone as I got the extended warranty at the same time so they should be able to look that up, right?????

Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes visit the apple store and they'll be able to help you out 

Badge +4

You can check the Apple warranty and AppleCare extended warranty status on Apple products here. To find the serial number for your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > About.

Additional info on iPhone repair.

iPhone Repair and Service

My Support - Information about your Apple products in one place.

i repaired my iPhone at the fone store. their service was fast and price was really competitive. They understand all the problem screen repair and water damaged phones. 

https://www.thefonestore.ca/phone-repairs

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i repaired my iPhone at the fone store. their service was fast and price was really competitive. They understand all the problem screen repair and water damaged phones. 

https://www.thefonestore.ca/phone-repairs

The OP's device is under manufacturers warranty still so there would be no need to take it to a 3rd party retailer.

Userlevel 4

Hello @Diggity & @luke wilson ! Thank you very much for contacting us! :) As @Allan M has previously mentioned, if the device is still covered either by its standard or by its extended warranty, it should not be taken for repair to a third- party vendor. Most phones can be repaired/ replaced through Koodo, and Apple is providing assistance for phones manufactured by them. For further info, you can also contact Apple Tech Support at 1-800-263-3394. - Alex

Thanks @Alex Koodo does this mean I can take the phone into any koodo store and they will help me out?

Userlevel 4

As the second part of my response mentions, if you have an iPhone, you would need to contact the manufacturer, which is Apple. You can either visit an Apple store, or call Apple Tech Support. - Alex

You mean vertical lines on your iPhone 6s screen? If so, share a tool called Joyoshare UltFix with you. I have used it to successfully fix vertical lines on my iPhone without data loss. You might as well have a try. If failed, maybe you need to repair it in the Apple store.