Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iphone repair

Ive only had my iphone 5 since march 2015. For some reason my apps wont open or close, my phone freezes, its now not answering calls & when it does you cant hear anything or it picks & chooses who I can or cant message. Is my phone covered for any repairs ? do we have to pay for repairs if its less than a year old ? where do I send it to ? & does koodo give loaner phones ? Ive never had to send my phone away ever in 12 years of me owning phones lol

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Before you take the step of sending your device in for repairs you'll want to try a factory reset first. This will erase your data and bring the phone back to the state it would be in as if you just bought it. Sometimes a factory reset fixes your issues. You'll also want to be sure you've downloaded and installed all the available iOS updates too. If after you've done that you still have issues, then it's time to consider a repair. L [b]Is my phone covered for any repairs ? Koodo phones are covered by the manufacturer warranty which is usually one year from the date of purchase. [b] Do we have to pay for repairs if its less than a year old ? Typically no, unless the problem is physical damage or abuse or water damage. [b]where do I send it to ? & does koodo give loaner phones ? You need to arrange for warranty service by calling Koodo or visiting a kiosk. And yes, there are loaner phones. Hope this helps.
Userlevel 3
Hi Zoey,

If you decide to take the last step suggested by Chad, here is all you need to know about the iPhone warranty offered through Koodo: http://bit.ly/1DdDN8q. Also, I would like to underline the fact that since the iPhone's repairs (and any replacements, if it's the case) are made by Apple directly, Koodo does not offer loaner phones for this particular brand. 

Many thanks!
Userlevel 5
BEFORE, anything else Zoey,
Try a Hard reset,  does not remove anything, this will close any open apps and restart your phone.
as follows;
Hold down the power button and Home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo on screen,  then let go of the buttons and your phone will restart.
When it is restarted check and see if it is working better.
This may save you a repair 🙂
Thank you. I've been doing this for about a week lol works for a good 5 mins then stays the same again !
Userlevel 5
In that case, next step would be to do a backup to iTunes or I cloud. Then a factory reset and setup the phone again using your backup. Then test. If still a problem then follow Chad's directions for repair
Awesome. Thank you. Is there a way to back up to iCloud if there's no storage left ? I really don't want to pay for More iCloud storage 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zoey Louise wrote:

Awesome. Thank you. Is there a way to back up to iCloud if there's no storage left ? I really don...

You can increase your iCloud storage by a factor of 10 to 50 GB for $12/year. Cheap insurance for your backups.
Userlevel 5
No ,  you would have to purchase more storage space 😞
If you have a PC , its best to use itunes .   You can download it to your PC from apple.com/itunes  for free. 
and how to backup info:   https://www.apple.com/support/iphone/backup/