Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone price drop?

Why has Koodo not followed suit and dropped the price of the Iphone 6 and Iphone 6s like Bell and Rogers?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Because koodo doesn't follow rogers and bell. Its main competition is virgin and fido.
If that is the case, why is fidos iphone 6 200 dollars? 70 dollars cheaper than koodo?
I know koodo is a cheap phone service and lately it shows in the customer service (they used to be the best) but you would think they would still like to keep customers by matching prices...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Thompson wrote:

If that is the case, why is fidos iphone 6 200 dollars? 70 dollars cheaper than koodo?
I kno...

Every company sets it own price but stays close to its competition.$70 is not much of a difference. I agree that a price match would be nice. But not every company does it nor do they have to.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Thompson wrote:

I kno...

iphone 6 16GB with Fido:
$200 upfront + minimum $85/mo plan (500 MB, Unlimited minutes) for 24 month

iphone 6 (16GB)with Koodo :
$270 upfront + minimum $69/mo plan (1 GB, Unlimited minutes)  for 24 month

You can save $70 upfront, but you will pay extra $ for your plan each month...

Mark Thompson wrote:

I kno...

Koodos price is actually 90 when you add the 21 per month tab charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Thompson wrote:

I kno...

True that. I forgot about Tab charge...

$5 more expensive with koodo, but you get 500MB more data ;)