Koodo Community
Solved

iphone plans more expensive

• 19 June 2019
  • 8 replies

I have two phones with koodo. An iphone and Samsung. Why cant I get unlimited canada wide calling with the iPhone but I can with the Samsung? When I go to the iphone account I only have an option of paying 30 dollars morethan I do now to get it but with the samsung I only pay 50.
icon

Best answer by Allan M 19 June 2019, 03:00

Which Samsung model and iPhone model were you looking at getting?

If you're looking at something like the iPhone 8 or Samsung S9 you could take it either as the following:
$80 + $20/month
$55 + $15/month + $150 upfront

If you took an iPhone 7 or Samsung S8 instead you would pay:
$55 + $15/month + $0 upfront

It's not that Apple is more expensive, it's that you're choosing a more expensive phone.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Do you have a tab that needs to be paid off in full before you can switch to a lesser plan on that line with the iPhone.
I'm trying to increase my plan. I owe tabs on both. Yet the Samsung I can get whatever I want. Theres just no option given for the iphone. I'm now paying an extra 30 dollars more just for unlimited calling where I get the same for 55 with the samsung
When I look at the options to change the plan for the Samsung.. it's cheaper
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you're looking at something like the iPhone 8 or Samsung S9 you could take it either as the following:
$80 + $20/month

It's not that Apple is more expensive, it's that you're choosing a more expensive phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure that you're not confusing the tab S-M and L-XXL price points? You can still get any iPhone on tab M, which wouldn't kick in the 25 dollar more expensive large + plans.

$80 + $20/month

No..I'm not getting any new phones. This is an iphone 6 I'm taking about and an A5. I just wanted more talk time on the damn phone. That is all. The options is gave me for the iPhone 6 was an 80 dollar plan.. just to get more talk time. I went from 55 dollars a month to 80 dollars a month. I'm not talking about or including any tabs. There was no plan available for me to pick for the iphone 6 between 55 dollars and 80. It was one or the other. No inbetween. Which is ridiculous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$80 + $20/month

No..I'm not getting any new phones. This is an iphone 6 I'm taking about and an A5. I just wanted more talk time on the damn phone. That is all. The options is gave me for the iPhone 6 was an 80 dollar plan.. just to get more talk time. I went from 55 dollars a month to 80 dollars a month. I'm not talking about or including any tabs. There was no plan available for me to pick for the iphone 6 between 55 dollars and 80. It was one or the other. No inbetween. Which is ridiculous. 

What size tab did you get for the iphone? It sounds like you purchased it using either tab L or XL. These tab tiers are only available with certain more expensive plans. If this is the case, you would not have access to all of the plans available to phones on smaller tab tiers until the tab is paid off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you currently get from your plan?

Right now there are the following for most of Canada:

$35 Unlimited Talk & Text

$55 4GB, Unlim T&T

$60 6GB, Unlim T&T

$65 8GB, Unlim T&T

$75 10GB, Unlim T&T