Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iphone ios update with prepaid possible?

Hey, i have an iphone 3 i believe. With i suppose unlocked prepaid from koodoo but i'd like to upgrade the ios, would that mess up the unlock?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it was unlocked through apple officially then it's not an issue. If it is unlocked via Ultrasn0w with an iphone that's been jailbroken then you will lose the unlock. It it is unlocked via sim imposer (Gevey sim, etc) then it may mess up the unlock, depending on what iOS your phone will upgrade to and what iOS the sim imposer supports for the unlock
Thanks for the reply. Mine was unlocked at a mall kiosk so I'm assuming that I can't upgrade 😞 So how would i go about getting apple to unlock it while remaining on koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lawsen Parker wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Mine was unlocked at a mall kiosk so I'm assuming that I can't upgrade :...

Is it a Koodo iPhone? http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-i-am-eligible-to-get-my-koodo-phone-unlocked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lawsen Parker wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Mine was unlocked at a mall kiosk so I'm assuming that I can't upgrade :...

If it has been unlocked at a kiosk doesn't it mean koodo has unlocked it? So it's supposed to be official?
Lawsen Parker wrote:

Pretty sure its not a koodo iphone. Recently I've succesfully jailbroken my 3gs to ios 6.1.6 with redsn0w but i don't know how to get the service back now 😞 Any idea what i have to download via Cydia or something
Lawsen Parker wrote:

6.15 firmware
Lawsen Parker wrote:

ive tried ultrasn0w once to connect service