Feel free to ask your own question if you don't find the answer you're looking for below.
[b]What is group messaging?
- Group Messaging is the ability to send and receive Text, Picture or Video messages to multiple users in a group conversation.
- Koodo iPhone customers can now send group messages to anyone, regardless of device/operating system, in the conversation. Previously, group conversations could only be conducted through iMessage, with other iPhone users.
- Nothing! Your phone will automatically be equipped with the feature after you update your device with the new iOS carrier bundle.
- All Koodo rate plans include unlimited SMS and Picture Messaging so no additional charges apply!
- Try rebooting your iPhone. The carrier update may not have been installed properly. If you haven't been prompted to update the carrier settings, you can also go to: Settings > General > About, and see if you're asked to "Update" carrier settings here, if it hasn't automatically been initiated. Do note that it can take up to 7 days from the release date for all devices to receive the update from Apple.
- Ensure group messaging is enabled for all users you are attempting a group conversation with.
- Make sure your device has group messaging functionality turned on, check your settings by going to Settings > Messages > Group Messaging.
- If you have a $0 data block feature on your account, group messaging will not work. You can continue to have the same experience you had prior to the release of the carrier bundle by turning off group messaging.
- iPhone customers can turn this feature off using the following steps: Settings > Messages > Toggle off Group Messaging.