Koodo Community
Question

IPhone GPS tracking doesn't work well

I am on the contract with Koodo for about 2 months now. The phone I picked when signing with Koodo was IPhone 4s. And during last few weeks I've noticed that my GPS module in it doesn't work fine. I am using app to track my run and they show totally wrong results. There was no physical damage to it. I am wondering whether this could be fixed or my phone could be replaced?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If something is wrong with the phone, Koodo should have it fixed Ihor... it should be well within the warranty period if you only got it two months ago. I'd visit a kiosk and explain the troubles you're having - though first I'd look in the settings and see if you didn't accidentally change a setting? Perhaps disable GPS so that it can only use the (much less accurate) WiFi tracking? Just a few thoughts 🙂
Thanks for this suggestion, Sophia. I'll go and talk with the rep at the kiosk..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Make sure your wifi is turned on. GPS uses the wifi antennae to increase GPS accuracy. Also How is the accuracy on your maps (Google or Apple)? I use RunKeeper and the GPS is pretty good. Of course I dont really run... Just walk... with a donut in my hands
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about the same. Routes that are being tracked by the apps are not accurate comparing to what I normally run. I borrowed my friend's IPhone 4S and on his everything is just perfect. It is not bad GPS signal cause I tested both IPhones on the same day, so the weather conditions were exactly the same. It makes me think that GPS module got broken..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...If the GPS is the issue, then I would advise taking your iphone to the Apple store for warranty work. Apples handles all the warranty so you wont have to deal with Koodo.
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...I just checked when I purchased it, it was on May 25th. It is more than 2 months now. Will they handle my case taking that to consideration?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...Oh yea. Dealing with Apple is easy. In most cases (experience in Edmonton and Winnipeg), I go in with an issue, they cant fix it, they come back with a new iphone for me to take home that works perfectly. Just remember to make an appointment with the Genius Bar first. You can do that online. You will need your Apple ID and password to book the reservation. make sure you back up everything before your appointment. You might want to uninstall and reinstall your app, test your GPS on Maps, and update to the newest iOS. These are some of the things they will do or ask you to do at the beginning http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/ca/en/techsupport/
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...Unfortunately, there is no New Brunswick in the drop down list to make a reservation.. what should I do in that case?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...Call Koodo *611 and they can put you in contact with Apple. Or you can contact Apple your self http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/iphone-warranty
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...Alright, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for help, Dennis!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis, my wifi is always on. And I use RunKeeper too, also tried Runtastic, results are about th...Good luck!