Koodo Community

Community

iPhone Diversity !

Koodo should really carry ALL the colours of cells phones created by their respective companies. Phones are now starting to come out with flashy colours to attact their costomers, and by taking the colour choice away Koodo is taking people's individuality away from them. People are attracted to colours. Koodo should carry all the colours of each iPhone model, or at least the current models (i.e iPhone 5C and 5S).

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could always buy the phone from Apple and Bring it to Koodo. Then you can apply to get 10% off your monthly plan
Userlevel 7
Plus, buying it from Apple means it comes factory unlocked, which increases its resale value. Koodo needs to order a minimum quantity of X for each model from Apple in order to carry it, and if one sells more than the other, than they'll be stuck with aging inventory. That also applies to the 32GB or 64 GB models, which don't sell as much as the 16 either.
Jonathan I wrote:

Plus, buying it from Apple means it comes factory unlocked, which increases its resale value. ...

But Koodo can give discount to the products
Userlevel 5
Jonathan I wrote:

Plus, buying it from Apple means it comes factory unlocked, which increases its resale value. ...

Not iPhones.
Yes you could. But then you can't use the tab to get money off the phone.
Userlevel 7
Talon Montague wrote:

Yes you could. But then you can't use the tab to get money off the phone.

True, but like I said, they can't carry every model/color as the demand might not be as high. They don't have the buying power of Rogers, Bell, or Telus.
Userlevel 2
Phone colours are purely subjective. If you don't like the colour of the phone, you can always purchase a case of the colour that you want. Colours aren't something that's mandatory. Koodo has never really gone out of their way to offer multiple colours and I don't expect them to at any point.
Userlevel 6
Hi Talon, koodo offers the most popular colours for the 5C (white and blue), and all colours for the 5S (Gold, Black, and Silver).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No matter which way you look at it, people will see that Fido and Virgin offer all colours (and memory variants) at identical prices and plan options. And they don't think long term so they'll ignore the fact that those carriers may force them to change plans when upgrading to their next phone down the line. If people thought ahead, they wouldn't be grabbing subsidized phones to begin with and the phone prices would not be kept artificially high. And the actual subsidy wouldn't be built into everyone's plan price. So it looks like Telus in this case is hoping that those wanting iPhones (and competing devices) and don't like Koodo's selection will move on up to the Telus brand. I on the other hand will maintain that those of us choosing a "discount" brand aren't cross-shopping the flagship brands and that we're more likely to move to Fido/Virgin/Wind/Mobilicity/PC Mobile than Telus/Rogers/Bell.