Koodo Community
Question

iPhone-defective 6 and 7 purchased September 10th,2019 - will Koodo pay for replacement screen protector?

• 12 September 2019
  • 4 replies

14 month iPhone 6 failed, replaced with iPhone 7 on September 10th and purchased invisible shield glass protector ($50.84)... phone can be replaced, will Koodo authorize at no cost ... replacement invisible shield? This is the 3td defective iPhone I’ve purchased ... on iPhone 4 I was NOT reimbursed for screen protector

Pen Centre kiosk staff were amazing! I anticipate they will not be able to approve replacement screen shield ... will corporate Koodo assist?

Automated help is helpless! And there is zero option to contact a human live agent ... phone number immediately redirects to Chat assistant

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a more specialized question that Koodo assist wont be able to answer, but the replacement or return of the defective item only covers the phone and not any of the accessories unfortunately.
Hi Dennis, that’s the response I was given for the first $50 dollars out of pocket for a defective iPhone screen shield the first time. Now that I’m having to replace another defective iPhone and the screen protector ... I’m out of pocket $100 dollars.

Thats unacceptable! I would expect much better from Koodo. How can I escalate? I cannot be the only customer that has experienced this

Please note that I’ve been with Koodo for many years...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Dennis, that’s the response I was given for the first $50 dollars out of pocket for a defective iPhone screen shield the first time. Now that I’m having to replace another defective iPhone and the screen protector ... I’m out of pocket $100 dollars.

Thats unacceptable! I would expect much better from Koodo. How can I escalate? I cannot be the only customer that has experienced this

Please note that I’ve been with Koodo for many years...

WHy are you mad at Koodo?

KOodo doesnt make the phone. You should be upset at Apple who's defective product cost you 2 screen protectors.
Unfortunately the refund and warranty process does not cover accessories.
If you insist, you can bring your iphone to the apple store and asked them to repair the defect so you can keep your screen protector
Userlevel 5
That is an overpriced screen protector, just like the cellphone plans in Canada. You can buy new ones for less than $5 on eBay or Amazon.