Koodo Community
Question

iphone Beeps and Ends Call

• 10 June 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
  • New User
  • 31 replies
My husband's 6 month old iPhone 7 keeps losing calls. He will be on the phone and then he will hear 3 beeps and he loses the call. He is on prepaid with plenty of boosters (Canada wide, long distance, and lots of data). I also have a iPhone 7, but on postpaid with no issues. Has anyone experienced this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You guys are at the same spot and he loses calls but you don't? That's weird. MAke him restart network settings
Userlevel 3
You guys are at the same spot and he loses calls but you don't? That's weird. MAke him restart network settings

It is weird. It is completely random. At first we thought it had something to do with calls to one particular company - Jegs in the States - as it happened about 3 times when talking with them. But since then it has happened with calls within Canada. Not everyday, but enough to be annoying. It happens when calling from home (we have a Telus tower within eyesite on a hill across the river from us - our cell coverage is excellent), and it happens when calling away from home.

I reset his network settings, so we will see what happens in next couple of days. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Another thing to try would be to swap the sims between the phone to see if the issue remains with the sim or with the phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The three beeps and disconnect means that the call was not able to go through. It might be cause by different things. Might be the case that's cutting siganl, making the call drop...

Also, keep in mind all the wifi netowrks passwords has been lost. You need to input them abck
Userlevel 3
Ok resetting the network settings didn't work. I will swap our sim cards and see what happens. Thanks.