Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone Battery Repair

Userlevel 1
I have my iphone 4s for over 2 years now and my battery dies at like 25%. I was wondering if Koodo is able to do a repair to replace my battery? and how much would it cost? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
All iPhone servicing must be done at an Apple store. Since it's out of warranty you will have to pay for the repair. You could also ask them if any refurbished models are available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Out of warranty service for a refurbished device is $199 Battery Replacement service costs $79 http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=iphone
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

Out of warranty service for a refurbished device is $199 Battery Replacement service costs $79 ...

Battery replacement only $79? That's not bad actually. If someone has a good condition 4S and replaces the battery it'll be like new after a factory reset. Still a lot cheaper than buying another phone. Then they could resell it and get a new iPhone. I recommend buying AppleCare+ for your next (new) iPhone purchase, it's $100 upfront and a $79 deductible for each replacement, up to 2. It adds incidents of physical/liquid damage to your coverage and extends it to 2 years!