Koodo Community
Question

iPhone 8 & iPhone XS availability

• 10 March 2020
  • 4 replies

iPhone 8 and iPhone XS do not appear available for purchase  (as a new phone, I see some refurbished options) on the Koodo website.  I see other carriers (Bell, Virgin) list these models on their website. It seems new iPhone options with Koodo are currently limited to 7, XR or the 11 series. I was really hoping for XS or 8, any chance these will make a reappearance on the website or if retailers may possibly carry them in store? 

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mandy  Certified Per-owned phones are really just phones people have returned within the money back guarantee period.  For any particular reason. We fully check them out and back it with a full warranty.

You’d save about $150 on buying the iPhone 8 model. Plus, buying it the Koodo site means you will save the activation  fee of $40.  Almost $200 worth of savings! 

Apple will not ship any new iPhone 8 to any carriers at this point. So there will be less and less available. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mandy  Certified Per-owned phones are really just phones people have returned within the money back guarantee period.  For any particular reason. We fully check them out and back it with a full warranty.

You’d save about $150 on buying the iPhone 8 model. Plus, buying it the Koodo site means you will save the activation  fee of $40.  Almost $200 worth of savings! 

Apple will not ship any new iPhone 8 to any carriers at this point. So there will be less and less available. 

@Bernard Koodo when you say “we”, it’s the OEM (or their designated certified techs) that checks them out?  It’s not like Johnny from the kiosk or warehouse right?  Also the device is sanitized and a new protective film is applied so the phone is like new?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis Not the OEMs. Just shipping back and forth would increase the costs. Not reps at Koodo stores. We (Koodo Warehouse/Fulfillment team)  have certified members that do nothing else day in day out but ensure everything you described above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis Not the OEMs. Just shipping back and forth would increase the costs. Not reps at Koodo stores. We (Koodo Warehouse/Fulfillment team)  have certified members that do nothing else day in day out but ensure everything you described above.

Thanks Bernard.  That is good to know.  Not my cup of tea, but I’m sure many people would be ok with this