Koodo Community
Solved

Iphone 7 updated to ios 14.2 now data doesn't work

• 3 December 2020
  • 6 replies

I updated my iphone 7 to ios 14.2 last week and things were fine for a while.  I noticed my data doesn’t work now.  I tried to turn the data off and on and turn the phone off and on.  I also tried to reset the network settings and that didn’t work either.  I definitely have data available.  Is it the IOS update that has messed up my older model phone?  

icon

Best answer by rikkster 4 December 2020, 01:59

Sounds as though you’ve covered most of the troubleshooting steps. Other suggestions mentioned in an Apple forum; switch network selection from automatic to manual, (Settings > Cellular > Network Selection - move the slider switch to enable manual mode). The iPhone may take up to 15 seconds for a list of networks to appear. Choose Koodo and check to see if data works.

Try switching from 4G/LTE to 3G, (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data - select 3G) then check to see if data works. Unfortunately, these steps are merely workarounds and not true fixes. I think we’ll have to wait for iOS 14.3 to remedy this issue.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Badge +4

Sounds as though you’ve covered most of the troubleshooting steps. Other suggestions mentioned in an Apple forum; switch network selection from automatic to manual, (Settings > Cellular > Network Selection - move the slider switch to enable manual mode). The iPhone may take up to 15 seconds for a list of networks to appear. Choose Koodo and check to see if data works.

Try switching from 4G/LTE to 3G, (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data - select 3G) then check to see if data works. Unfortunately, these steps are merely workarounds and not true fixes. I think we’ll have to wait for iOS 14.3 to remedy this issue.

Thanks Rikkster!  Changing the network selection seems to have worked for now at least.  ☺️

I spoke too soon.  Worked for a couple of minutes then stopped.    

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have any VPN installed? or have a network configuration Profile (normally from companies/universities) in your phone?

The iOS itself shouldn’t be a problem, however the update process could have messed up something. If possible, I would suggest you visit an Apple store, show them the problem and ask for solution. You could also try to backup your phone (to iCloud not to a PC/Mac),  restore it and test.

Badge +4

One other option is to toggle Airplane Mode on and off. Oddly, this anomaly is not affecting my iPhone XS or iPhone SE (2nd gen). iOS 14.3 beta 3 was released to developers for testing purposes yesterday. This could mean that iOS 14.3 may arrive sooner than later.

Thanks Dinh!  It appears to have been the VPN.  Working fine now.  ☺️