Koodo Community
Solved

iPhone 7 Plus cannot connect to Koodo network after having changed SIM card in Europe

• 2 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Just returned from Europe where I used a Vodaphone SIM card successfully. I reinserted by Koodo SIM card, I can use the phone to call, but I can no longer connect to Koodo’s data network. My plan is all in order and I have not run out of data. I have tried all the settings under MOBILE DATA. The “Network Connection” clearly says Koodo. The “Mobile Data” APN setting says “sp.koodo.com”.

I have RESET SETTINGS. I  have turned off the phone, reinserted the SIM card and restarted, all to no avail.

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by Goran 3 March 2020, 01:06

I've encounter Ed this once or twice with Samsung phones before. Wha are the exact APN settings thst you used? You might have to add something that's missing.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats weird.  You have tried all the right things.

I assume talk and text and MMS are working?

Have you tried your sim in another phone to see if it works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have another phone to try this in? Just to test?

Edit: oops, completely missed Dennis’ second paragraph, sorry for that :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've encounter Ed this once or twice with Samsung phones before. Wha are the exact APN settings thst you used? You might have to add something that's missing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Someone had a similar problem last week. Solution was to sign out of iCloud, then re-log in.

Okay, found the problem. When I reinserted the Koodo SIM card, it did not automatically remove the APN profile the was created when I bought the Vodaphone plan in Europe. I had to remove that APN, and then the Koodo APN could take over. All is well. Thank you all for your advice.