Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iphone 6s speaker is broken?

Iphone 6s voice call problem

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey check this thread out I found about your issue. https://www.google.ca/amp/www.payetteforward.com/iphone-speaker-not-working-fix/amp/
hi... im not even sure if the speaker is the one broken... i can still listen to all my sounds and videos. but the thing is, i cant the other other party on the line when im using it for calls.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

hi... im not even sure if the speaker is the one broken... i can still listen to all my sounds an...

There's a bunch of different steps u can try via the link I provided above. It may get it going. The system sounds and video sounds are coming from the bottom speaker. Calls that are not in speakerphone are through your little speaker on the front different than the bottom speaker
Chris wrote:

hi... im not even sure if the speaker is the one broken... i can still listen to all my sounds an...

yap... speaker still work,,, did check all the step they asked me on the site you gave,,, the real problem is that when i make a call, i can hear the other party but my they dont hear anything from my side.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

That's a microphone issue then not a speaker issue. Open voice recorder and try Recording yourself talking. And play it back.
Chris wrote:

got it... its the microphone... didnt hear anything from my voice recorded.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

That's a bummer. Take a can of compressed air to the microphone hole not super close though. If not, try your local cell repair shop to get it fixed if you don't have Apple care.
Chris wrote:

will it still cover my warrnty then from koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

You will have to discuss that Koodo. Do u have device protection(AppleCare)? How long have u had the phone(when was it purchased) did u buy it from Koodo?
Chris wrote:

bought it from koodoo with a monthly TAB plan last December 2015
Userlevel 6
Chris wrote:

Hey Chris! Confirming that you would need to contact Apple directly if you would like to process a service request.  You can find more information here ->  https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair . Have a good one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

When dealing with Apple products, you always deal directly with Apple. You can check when your warranty expires here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ca/en/

You only need the phone's serial number or IMEI.

Just a reminder that they will check for water damage prior to replacement. Any water damage would invalidate the standard warranty.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

When dealing with Apple products, you always deal directly with Apple. You can check when your warranty expires here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ca/en/

You only need the phone's serial number or IMEI.

Just a reminder that they will check for water damage prior to replacement. Any water damage would invalidate the standard warranty.
Problem solved. None of your ideas worked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

What solved the problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris wrote:

What did work?