Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 6plus after update to OS 8.4

Since updating yesterday suddenly my IPhone 6 plus has used excessive data. 7am 192meg and 7pm 193 meg. Have all apps turned off with the exception of emails. Spoken to 3 other people having the same problem, I with Telus and the other 2 with Koodo. Notice phone getting hot to touch and excessive battery drain. Any other people having the same thing after updating to OS 8.4

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Was the data used mobile data or WiFi?
I assume mobile data.
Userlevel 7
Hi Noel,

If you go in Settings and under cellular, you can see what app used the data, do you see that usage from the emails?
I have DataMan and it shows 7am 192 meg . From 8am to 6pm a total of 8.3 meg only used. Suddenly 7pm 192 meg again. As I said 3 other people with IPhones 6 having identical problems with the same amount of data.
Nothing is showing that amounts to 192 meg , email is only 6.8 meg.
Userlevel 7
Noel Conway wrote:

Not quite sure then. Perhaps it is the update... Maybe try performing a factory reset of the phone and if it does not work, keep data off until they patch it.
Noel Conway wrote:

I believe it is a bug in the update as 3 other people are having the identical same problem, same amount of data every 12 hours. Will try a factory rest. All are having a heating problem also.
Userlevel 4
Noel Conway wrote:

I have the update on my 5s and don't seem to be having that problem. I would suggest going to the apple forum and see if there anything there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Noel. Make sure to check system services too : last item in the data usage on ios