Koodo Community

iphone 6 plus updated to ios 11 now data not working this morning

• 22 September 2017
  • 57 replies

Userlevel 1
Have iphone 6 plus. Updated to ios 11 yesterday and data was woring last night. This morning phone says I'm not subscribed to cellular data service, which is not true as I still have over half my monthly data left.

57 replies

Userlevel 1
I had used a secondary sim in my phone. It was Freedompop. Somehow that profile was blocking my phone from connecting to LTE and data. I deleted that profile and after a couple of minutes LTE showed up and data is working. So if you've used your phone on a secondary provider (ie Knowroaming, Roam Mobility, Freedompop, etc.) try and delete that profile and see if that helps.
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different provider - Videotron) in my iPhone - data worked fine. A clever friend who helped me with the experiment thought my APN profile is probably corrupted and that maybe if I could find a way to manually edit the Koodo APN profile, that would fix it.

I didn't find a way to edit it, but I did find a site called http://m.apnchanger.org - loaded it on my phone (using Wifi). I choose Koodo from the list of APN profiles and tried to install it.

Got an error that I needed to remove an old profile instead. I really wish I'd taken a screenshot of it, but it was something like "nprnetgear.com" - something I didn't recognize and that wasn't visible in my APN settings screen. I clicked the "Remove" link it led me to in Settings, and deleted it.

Boom - data now works, I didn't even have to install the Koodo profile again. End of saga.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in here - hopefully this helps someone else.
Thanks Kathryn, http://m.apnchanger.org  worked for me.
Mike! That’s EXACTLY what happened to me. A roaming sim I’d used on holiday still had the VPN profile. As soon as I deleted it my cellular data started working. YIPPEE
Userlevel 1
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov..."Sounds like a reset of your network settings would have accomplished this. Hmmmm....."

Actually I tried it multiple times too and nothing ever changed. My thoughts are there are settings hidden from the user in iOS and Kathryn had to go through alternative methods to get them reset/changes.

Good job Kathryn!!
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov...OMG! Thank you, that worked for me. I’ve been losing my mind trying to figure it out. Thanks Kathryn.
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov...zstrat - yay, I'm so glad it worked for you!
http://m.apnchanger.org worked for me as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Mike, try toggling airplane mode and if that doesn't work, reset your network settings Settings > general> reset > reset network settings This also erases saved wifi networks so you'll have to input those again later.
Userlevel 1
Still no data when restarting phone. Have tried airplane mode and network reset. When I'm in Sett...I did the same thing as Puzz ler.. and it worked.. kept the sim out for about an hour though just so Koodo can do their thing (In a previous try, it didn’t work when taking SIM card out and popping it back in right away) . After the hour, popped the SIM card in and the LTE showed up.
I went to Settings>General>VPN>Delete Profile.
Userlevel 1
Hi All, iOS 11.0.1 is out. It’s a ‘bug fix’ update. Hopefully that will solve your problems. *cross fingers*
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Indeed, the boosters all reappeared while I was on hold. Very odd.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Great 🙂 Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...So right now everything works? Your boosters are here and the data is working?
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Nope, unfortunately the data is still not working. The temporary missing boosters seem to have been completely unrelated. I am truly at a loss.
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...iP5s - identical issue. SIM removing (waiting one hour, which is irrelevant), restarting, resetting etc don't work. What a crap (11.0.0 and 11.0.1).
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Maciej SCRUBBY sorry to hear you're having the same problem. :(
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Too much troubles without CELLULER DATA on my 5s. I've to perform downgrade. Bye 11.0.x 😃 😃 😃
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Too much troubles without CELLULER DATA on my 5s. I've to perform downgrade. Bye 11.0.x 😃 😃 😃
On a whim I just logged into my Koodo prepaid account and[b] all my boosters are missing, includi...Downgrade has been completed 🙂 I strongly recommend downgrade iTUNES too to 12.6.x. One trick: you have to replace "iTunes Library.itl" file for one before iTunes upgrade. In my case I've copied "iTunes Library 2017-09-23.itl" than renamed it.

Everything works fine and smoooth :)

Downgrade procedure:
1) Delete the Developer Beta Profile (if exits)
2) Turn off find my iPhone on phone
3) Download the 10.3.3 ipsw file for your iphone from https://ipsw.me
4) Open iTunes and connect the USB cable to your computer.
5) Now connect the lightning cable to your phone and as soon as you connect the cable press and hold the Home button to enter the recovery mode.
6) Hold down the [b]Shift (Windows) & option (Mac) Key and click [b]update.
7) Select the ipsw file which we downloaded earlier and hit Update.
😎 The process will take approx 10-15 minutes.
9) Welcome back to iOS 10.3.3
BR
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov...Nice, good to know. Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov...Sounds like a reset of your network settings would have accomplished this. Hmmmm.....
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov...
Sounds like a reset of your network settings would have accomplished this. Hmmmm.....

Sounds like it should have, but I reset network settings... multiple times. (As did the Apple tech.)
[b]I fixed my issue! I did an experiment by putting another person's SIM card (different prov...You can replace SIM with diff GSM provider only when you haven't SIMLOCK. It means, that you have iPhone X (GLOBAL). Persons like me, with SIMLOCK cannot perform this operation 😞

P.S. Data settings reset didn't help at all.