Koodo Community

Community

iphone 6 plus updated to ios 11 now data not working this morning

Userlevel 1
Have iphone 6 plus. Updated to ios 11 yesterday and data was woring last night. This morning phone says I'm not subscribed to cellular data service, which is not true as I still have over half my monthly data left.

56 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Mike,

What happens when you restart the phone?
Userlevel 7
Hi Mike, try toggling airplane mode and if that doesn't work, reset your network settings Settings > general> reset > reset network settings This also erases saved wifi networks so you'll have to input those again later.
Userlevel 1
Still no data when restarting phone. Have tried airplane mode and network reset. When I'm in Settings>Cellular Data Options, Cellular Data Network APN setting s is not there. Phone shows 3G not LTE.
Userlevel 7
Mike wrote:

Still no data when restarting phone. Have tried airplane mode and network reset. When I'm in Sett...

If the phone is showing 3g then data is connected. Are you able to open a page in the browser?
Mike wrote:

Still no data when restarting phone. Have tried airplane mode and network reset. When I'm in Sett...

I’m having the same problem, my phone shows 3G (when it should be LTE) and still nothing will load in the browser.
Mike wrote:

Exactly the same problem here with my iphone 7. Shows 3G but no cellular data. I'm so frustrated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mike wrote:

Working fine for me.
Mike wrote:

I've tried toggling airplane mode, toggling cellular data, resetting network settings, removing and replacing the sim card, turning phone on and off. Waiting for Apple Support to call me back now.
Userlevel 1
Mike wrote:

Same here . Done everything except call Apple Support.. that may be next .
Mike wrote:

I had exactly the same problem and talked with Apple Support. 
- take out SIM card and put it back in
- hold down power button and volume down button at the same time until you see Apple logo, then let go
It seems working but I need to wait and see for a few hours to make sure it doesn't go back to 3G or No Connection
Userlevel 1
Mike wrote:

I did the same thing as Puzz ler.. and it worked.. kept the sim out for about an hour though just so Koodo can do their thing (In a previous try, it didn’t work when taking SIM card out and popping it back in right away) . After the hour, popped the SIM card in and the LTE showed up.
Userlevel 6
Mike wrote:

Hi Jason. Glad you got it working. Something is the iOS update must have messed with the network settings.
Mike wrote:

Unfortunately Puzz ler's solution didn't work for me.

I went by both a Koodo kiosk and the Apple Store today.

Koodo tried to blame it on iOS 11 not being compatible with the iPhone 5 – which I knew was not likely the culprit, since there have been reports of the same issue with newer phones. She hadn't heard of the issue and said it wasn't in the technical updates employees have access to.

The Apple tech said I'd already done all the right troubleshooting steps and recommended a restore as the next step. He said he hadn't seen any recent reports of the issue, so it doesn't seem widespread, in any case. Whenever he has seen the issue in the past, it always seems to be with prepaid SIMs (which I have).

He also tried my Koodo SIM in two other iPhones (one running iOS 10 and one with iOS 11) and the data worked fine in both.
Mike wrote:

I moved to another network before a week. Then I have fetching problem on my iPhone cellular data  (Mobile Data) not working. But I found a online guide about the cellular data not working and it worked for me. : https://www.howtoisolve.com/fix-iphone-cellular-data-not-working/
Userlevel 1
I had used a secondary sim in my phone. It was Freedompop. Somehow that profile was blocking my phone from connecting to LTE and data. I deleted that profile and after a couple of minutes LTE showed up and data is working. So if you've used your phone on a secondary provider (ie Knowroaming, Roam Mobility, Freedompop, etc.) try and delete that profile and see if that helps.
Mike! That’s EXACTLY what happened to me. A roaming sim I’d used on holiday still had the VPN profile. As soon as I deleted it my cellular data started working. YIPPEE
I went to Settings>General>VPN>Delete Profile.
Userlevel 6
saskatoonjay wrote:

I went to Settings>General>VPN>Delete Profile.

Awesome! I'm glad you got it sorted.
The same thing is happening to me following iOS 11 update on an iPhone 5s

So far I've tried:

• toggling airplane mode
  • restarting phone
  • toggling cellular data
  • checking for any stray VPN profiles (there are none)
  • resetting network settings
Any other suggestions welcome.

I see 3G as well, even though "enable LTE" is selected.

zoonini wrote:

So far I've tried:

[l...

And to clarify - I cannot load a page in the browser or get email - I get an error which says:

Could not activate cellular data network - you are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zoonini wrote:

So far I've tried:

[l...

After all normal resets failed, I would go for the "nuke" option and make a clean reset of the ios11. Backup with iTunes, reset to factory, restore from backup. It would take 1,2 hours, but might be worthwhile.

If that one fails, I guess it is time to downgrade it to 10.3.3 and wait for the next update from Apple.
zoonini wrote:

So far I've tried:

[l...

@Azure123 - thanks for that suggestion. I guess that'll be a last resort. 😞
zoonini wrote:

So far I've tried:

[l...

Just did a full backup and restore and still having the same problem. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zoonini wrote:

So far I've tried:

[l...

@Kathryn, this is tough, I guess you could try 2 tricks, which I don't know if they work on your case.
-Turn off the phone and turn it on after 10-15 minutes, hopefully it could reset some connection.
- Call Koodo and ask them to reset network from their end (you could have to reset your voicemail).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
zoonini wrote:

So far I've tried:

[l...

Also, what did the Genius bar tell you to do?