Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone 6 not available to upgrade online but Walmart in Georgetown never has any in stock...very frustrated

Iphone 6 not available to upgrade online but Walmart in Georgetown NEVER has any in stock...I have checked over 5 times and get told each time to check back next week.  Why can I order ANY other phone through self serve but the Iphone 6?????  This is extremely frustrating and I am considering porting my lines from Koodo to another provider.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why are you not available to upgrade online, I don't see anything saying it's online only. If your trying to use a tab then I don't think it matters if it's online or in person if it's not allowing you then it's because you don't quality for that tab option. If your trying to pay full outright price and it's not letting you then I'm not sure why
I can add any other phone to an order and complete it online.  the Iphone 6 shows me In Store Only and directs me to my nearest Koodo store which is Walmart and a complete joke for stock. Why i am not available to upgrade online is a mystery because as I stated above, i can complete it with ANY other phone but the Iphone 6.  I know it does not make sense which is why i am so frustrated.
and also when i try to call Koodo I get the message that it is a 20-30 minute wait.  I like Koodo and have never had an issue before but this is getting ridiculous.  It is like they do not want my money or business...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried any other nearby locations, sometimes you have to travel a little if it's a phone that some places don't stock, are you in a smaller town / city?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Have you tried any other nearby locations, sometimes you have to travel a little if it's a phone ...

You can also try BestBuy.ca for their store locations.

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx

Walmart is something of a joke when it comes to stocking tablets and phones. The mobile department is often subcontracted out and the employees don't talk to each other.

Have you tried any other nearby locations, sometimes you have to travel a little if it's a phone ...

After waiting on phone for 1hr 20 minutes I get told that I have to call the web store and they are not open today.  I am not very impressed with any of Koodo's services, will be switching to Bell.  After Koodo's price changes last year there is not enough of a difference to stick around when you consider Bell's coverage and network is better.  
Paul/Bob - Yes they are contracted out to OSL which is on its way out as well as The Mobile shop (SuperStore cell places).  The point is that I should not have to drive 30 minutes to another city.
The guy on the phone tried to tell me that it is maybe an Apple thing as to why the iPhone 6 was unavailable through self serve.  He had to answer when i asked why the SE, 5S, 6S and 6S Plus are available but not the 6.  All together a waste of my 1.5 hours and only increased my frustration level with Koodo in general.  They used to be the best, that is CLEARLY not the case anymore.
Userlevel 5

Hello Mark! Just to clarify, only the iPhone SE and iPhone 5S are available for online orders. We understand your frustration, but if it is the iPhone 6 that you desire, you will need to purchase it from one of our retailers. 

Thanks for the useless information. I stated that above. If every other phone is available for online order, including the 6s and the SE, why do you guys not make sure that the dealers have iphone 6 in stock??? Wouldn't that be nice! Now i have missed out on getting the phone for 0 dollars amd you guys have lost 2 customers and counting.