Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 6 data not working

I have just changed my plan to include data, but while I get the symbol for 3G and lte. My phone clearly isn't receiving any data. I spent a good hour on the phone while the customer support rep went through her script and could not solve the problem. I have tried everything to get it working. Any ideas on how to fix it?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Assuming that data is enabled, try settings - >reset->reset network settings.
Thanks for your reply, but I've done that a couple of times.
Hi, I had trouble all day with my 3G, no network. I could not find the trouble, but I ended up just turning off my phone and turning it back on and it worked. I guess it kind of ''reseted'' it. 🙂

Nope, that's not it.
Userlevel 5
Are you getting an error of any sort?

No errors, just the usual page not found in safari and no data in the apps
Hi David, were you able to fix it? And if so, how? I'm having the exact same problem and it's a wonder how it's such a common issue with no resolution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nick Cruz wrote:

Hi David, were you able to fix it? And if so, how? I'm having the exact same problem and it's a w...

Some people have a data block on their account.
Some people are using non-koodo phone and need to adjust APN setting.
And most of time, those issue can be solved.

Was it working before? Is it Koodo phone?
Did you restart your phone?
Nick Cruz wrote:

Hi David, were you able to fix it? And if so, how? I'm having the exact same problem and it's a w...

How do I turn off the data block on my account?
I'm using a non-Koodo iPhone. How do I adjust the APN settings?

Please help me. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nick Cruz wrote:

Data block is an add-on that should be removable my logging into self serve and removing it.
APN Settings can be found in Android by selecting Moble Data, Mobile Networks, APN. iOS: Settings, Cellular, Cellular Data Options, Cellular Network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nick Cruz wrote:

To add to Allan's comment - you can't set iOS APN settings directly, but you can choose the reset option at the bottom of the page he references.
Userlevel 6
Nick Cruz wrote:

I would suggest just going to a Koodo shop and getting a new phone, such as an iPhone 7, that way you're guaranteed it'll work!
Hope that helps!