Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 6 BYOD

I bought an iPhone 6 from apple a while ago, I am thinking of switching to Koodo from my current provider. Will my phone be compatible with the network?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes it will. Especially if bought in Canada / US Apple Stores. Make sure if you do decide to switch over to get someone with Koodo to refer you so you two get 25/50 each.
Also, I'm looking at the coverage map, and having trouble determining the difference between the 4G and extended coverage colors on the map. Is Saskatchewan all 4G?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raechel Hurd wrote:

Also, I'm looking at the coverage map, and having trouble determining the difference between the ...

Saskatchewan is indeed mostly 4G LTE.
Raechel Hurd wrote:

Also, I'm looking at the coverage map, and having trouble determining the difference between the ...

is there actually any areas that are extended coverage?

Raechel Hurd wrote:

And is there a difference between '4g LTE' and 'LTE' when companies label on their coverage maps

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raechel Hurd wrote:

There is no extended coverage in saskatchewan that i can see and yes, 4G and 4G LTE are the same things with just different names.
Userlevel 6
Raechel Hurd wrote:

In Saskatchewan, Koodo is parterened with Sasktel. So wherever there is a Sasktel coverage, there is also a coverage with Koodo. Hope this helps 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raechel Hurd wrote:

I have personally been on extended coverage in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, yet I do not see any extended coverage on the Koodo Coverage map.

Either all extended coverage has been converted into seamless regular coverage with Koodo's partners, or koodo considers extended coverage the same as regular coverage.

4G LTE and LTE are the same (the key term is LTE).
4G and 3G might be used interchangeably if it is running on HSPA+.  It is really 3G+ or what I like to call 3.5G
Raechel Hurd wrote:

How did the extended coverage work for you? Such as data speeds and such
Raechel Hurd wrote:

Also, how recently was this ?
Raechel Hurd wrote:

Erwin, have you personally used Koodo in Saskatchewan ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Raechel Hurd wrote:

I was on the EXT network a little over a year ago.
I had no speed issues.  Was able to email and facebook with ease