Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone 6

Why cant i activate Koodoo on my new iPhone 6 plus. It says Koodo is not part of the activation lis

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Does that message pop up on the phone when you insert the sim card?
Ahmad wrote:

Yes
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Did you get your iPhone from Koodo?
Ahmad wrote:

No. I got it from Beat Buy where i got the Koodo account
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Can you screenshot and send us what it exactly says? Because usually, you get a message like SIM card is locked if the phone is not compatible. I've never seen Koodo is not part of the activation list.
Ahmad wrote:

Thanks. Will do it later tonight.
Ahmad wrote:

Here is the image of the message

Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

This would mean that the phone is locked to a different provider than Koodo/Telus. Take a look on the barcodes on the box the phone came in, what carrier's name do you see?
Ahmad wrote:

This is an open line iPhone we bought from Bestbuy where we alo boight rhe Koodo service. the barcodes does not say it is locked. It has barcodes for pArt number, serial number ans imei. there is also a barcode that says UPC.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

I understand you got it form BestBuy. However, BestBuy doesn't deal just with Koodo, they also deal with Rogers, Bell, Telus, Virgin and Fido. So the possibility that the rep grabbed a Rogers phone instead of a Koodo phone definitely exists. I would recommend you go back to the store and either show a rep the error, or exchange it. 
Ahmad wrote:

Thanks. I will try that this weekened. Will update you. Tnx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

To my knowledge, the only location to obtain an unlocked iPhone is directly from Apple. I believe the Best Buy iPhones are all locked to one of the Canadian carriers. I suggest returning to Best Buy, and saying: "Please make this work."

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah apple is for sure the only place you SHOULD be able to buy a brand new factory sealed UNLOCKED iphone. unless someone on ebay is selling it. They should be able to tell by scanning the UPC at BestBuy what carrier it belongs to and set you up with the right phone. The same thing happened to my friend when Future Shop was still Future Shop. They fixed it immediately and was given a free phone case for the troubles.
Chadwick wrote:

Yeah apple is for sure the only place you SHOULD be able to buy a brand new factory sealed UNLOCK...

Thanks for the info chad. We specifically told best buy we needed an unlocked phone since we travel the salesperson even gave us a koodo line offering to be our second sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Yeah apple is for sure the only place you SHOULD be able to buy a brand new factory sealed UNLOCK...

Yeah that is unfortunate. Sometimes they're so happy to have a customer, not sure if they are commission based or not but. I hope you get the issue fixed up as those phones surely are not cheap. Worse case, call Apple if for some reason they wont honor the exchange. Just make sure not to play with it just leave it in the box so they cant say u damaged it or anything. Best of luck 🙂
Userlevel 5
Hey Aurel! As most of the people mentioned here, you were either sold a non Koodo phone by accident, or you were given a non Koodo SIM card (also by accident). Your best bet is to go back to the Best Buy (make sure to bring your invoice) and they'll make it right! Also, just to clarify, any iPhone sold from a Best Buy will be locked to the carrier that you buy it from. The only place where you'll be able to get a factory unlocked iPhone is through Apple, and only if you purchase it outright.