Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 5S price adjustment

Userlevel 1
Is Koodo lowering down the price of the iPhone 5S this Friday, which is what other providers are doing (or I can just take my business elsewhere to another Canada-wide provider who is offering the device for cheaper)

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Probably not, because like I said before, Koodo's subsidy model is very different from all of the others; the Tab system relies entirely on the retail price of the phone. The other carriers are NOT dropping the retail price of the phone, they are simply dropping the down payment required to get the phone. I hope you are okay with an $80 plan for Unlimited calls/500 MB of data to get the phone for $179 in store. If you pay more upfront on Koodo, then you can get a cheaper plan.
Userlevel 1
With Koodo, I have to pay $225 to go on an $80/month plan where as with Bell, Telus, Rogers, Virgin Mobile, and Fido I am paying $175 upfront to go on an $80/month plan Besides, the iPhone 5S has gone down at $600 in retail price with Koodo once before, so if I really wanted to pay more upfront to go on a cheaper monthly plan I rather be paying $600 altogether or having a cheaper device where I would have to pay less Because if I was really that crazy to pay that kind of expensive money upfront for an iPhone 5S I could buy it for $719 at Apple for an unlocked model opposed to paying $6 extra at Koodo for a locked model.
Userlevel 7
Yes it has gone down in price once before, that was at Christmas time, which are usually the best sales/only sales Apple will allow. In fact, it went down to $99 with Bell and the same plan was only $75 at one point so you should have grabbed it then. If Koodo will offer $50 off retail, then that's good for them, but I doubt it because of their subsidy model. Who knows, really. We can only guess and keep an eye on the FB page or check the website.
Userlevel 1
the 5C went on sale at Christmas for $500 and it is now again for $500
Userlevel 7
Ali Mahmood wrote:

the 5C went on sale at Christmas for $500 and it is now again for $500

Sales/demand on the 5C are lower than expected so I guess Apple allowed Koodo to drop it more. Keep in mind that for other devices like Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, etc. Koodo has more free reign of whatever retail price they wanna charge. For iPhones, Apple keeps carriers on a stricter leash.
Userlevel 1
well yeah, but hopefully Koodo will lower down the price on the iPhone 5S because I have been waiting for it so much and want it so bad
Userlevel 7
Ali Mahmood wrote:

well yeah, but hopefully Koodo will lower down the price on the iPhone 5S because I have been wai...

If you're okay with the high price plan, then I can't really say just wait and see if Koodo will drop the price; come to the Mobile Shop for your iPhone 5S on Telus for our special Scratch and Win event! All Telus activations get double scratch & win cards (only until end of day tomorrow!) so you could potentially win anywhere from $20 up to $200 in PC.gift cards... but the phone price might still be $229 tomorrow, sorry lol
Userlevel 1
Ali Mahmood wrote:

well yeah, but hopefully Koodo will lower down the price on the iPhone 5S because I have been wai...

do you work for the mobile shop?
Userlevel 1
Ali Mahmood wrote:

also how does the scratch and win event work, is it for all iphones?