Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone 5s Now with a ONE-Year Limited Warranty?!

Userlevel 1
and what does this differ from the included 1 year Apple Care?

15 replies

Userlevel 1
What does this mean? when i click into it, it brings me to a refurbished policy page... Does this cover everything like water damage? stolen phone? Can i purchase a 2 year warranty? Does Koodo have Something like Bell? http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Promotions/SmartPhone_Care_warranty_plans Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

Warranty doesnt cover physical damage such as water damage or smash screen s ect, or lost ir stolen phones. It covers manufacturer defects that cause the phone not to operate as designed. . Koodo doesnt offer extended warranty or coverage like bell at this time. Bells you pay a monthly fee and then if somethibg happens you have to pay $200 to replace the device with a refurbished device. Just put a good case on the phone and really you have nothing to worry about, besides losing it which if you keep it in your pocket that shouldnt be a problem either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

Is $200 to the replace the device with a refurb one, what Apple does now with no monthly fee? I think with the extended warranty it would be free to replace the phone with a refurb
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

Not sure to understand your question. Apple charges you a certain amount for replacing your phone in-waranty iPhone Model Out-of-Warranty Service iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $269 iPhone 4S $199 iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G $169 Bell does nothing better than this xD
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andy Yue wrote:

Bells extended warranty you pay something like $7 a month and then if you make a claim they give you a refurbished phone (whatever color they have in stock) and you pay $200 thats added to your bill. *talking from first hand experience with bell *
Userlevel 1
Andy Yue wrote:

i just want to know what tie difference of Koodo's 1 year iphone warranty in comparison to the apple care limited 1 year warranty?
Userlevel 5
Andy Yue wrote:

Koodo doesn't provide the warranty themselves, it's all provided by Apple. So the 1 year warranty is the same in this case.
Userlevel 5
AppleCare+ is not a bad deal, it's $99 gives you an extra year of warranty coverage, extends your phone support from 90 days to 2 years and gives you two replacement phones if there is physical or liquid damage for $79. You have to get this within 30 days of activating the phone, and it can be done at an Apple store, or believe it or not a Telus dealer (apparently they can do it regardless of where the phone was purchased). I'm not 100% sure but I think Koodo kiosks can sell Apple Care plus as well.
Jorden wrote:

AppleCare+ is not a bad deal, it's $99 gives you an extra year of warranty coverage, extends your...

Yes Koodo kiosks do sell apple care at the time of purchase
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

AppleCare+ is not a bad deal, it's $99 gives you an extra year of warranty coverage, extends your...

Mobile Shop can activate AppleCare+ too. It's actually a great warranty. I love selling it to any iPhone customers.
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

Can you guys do it past the time of purchase or for 30 days like Apple/Telus Jonathan?
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

Yup!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

This is where Apple does a great job if you have an Apple store in your area. If you dont have Apple care and you break your phone they will usually replace it with a refurb one for a fee. If you have Apple care and you break your phone, they will replace it with a refurb one for a smaller fee. Doesnt matter if you run it over with a car, cracked the screen, or dropped it in the toilet. You dont have to worry about repairs or anything. Just pay the fee and you leave the store with another phone that's good as new. Simple!
Userlevel 1
alright thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There is more info about "iPhone Warranty" http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/iphone-warranty