Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 5S displays "No Service"... what can I do??

I bought an iPhone 5S about a month ago, and I believe that it is locked to Telus. Since Koodo is a branch of Telus, I have read that the Koodo sim cards will work on Telus phones. The phone has been working perfectly fine with my service provider, but since this morning I have had no service at all. I reset my phone, turned it off, disabled LTE, enabled LTE, etc. Still not working. Help!

9 replies

Userlevel 2
It's not 100% that it'll worked when locked to Telus. You may want to look into getting it unlocked.
Alright, I can understand that. I'm thinking of getting it unlocked, but how come it worked with the Telus phone for a good 3 weeks no problem??
Userlevel 2
Big R wrote:

Alright, I can understand that. I'm thinking of getting it unlocked, but how come it worked with ...

An unlock may not be necessary. Try turning airplane mode on/off.
Big R wrote:

Alright, I can understand that. I'm thinking of getting it unlocked, but how come it worked with ...

Nope... didn't work.
Userlevel 2
Big R wrote:

Give Koodo a call then, *611 Option 6.
Big R wrote:

Write a comment...
Big R wrote:

hi Myke, how bout my iphone 4 here's in the Philippine, gave my sister, but locked in koodo. Is there any contact? Thanks IME(012651007644749 )
Userlevel 5
Is there a spot on their to enable 3G or to make sure that it is in auto mode - I have found that 3G has to be enabled as Koodo does not have anything below 3G (auto mode is the same thing as enabling 3G)
Dave wrote:

Is there a spot on their to enable 3G or to make sure that it is in auto mode - I have found that...

3G is enabled... I'm going to talk to Koodo today.