Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 5c – 'No Service' repeatedly

My iPhone 5C keeps saying 'no service' when I am in an area with service in the city. It usually comes back after turning the phone off then on again, but this fix has stopped working too.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Lucy, Did you happen do disable LTE? if not did you try the airplane mode oj/off)?
Thanks for your reply. 🙂 LTE isn't disabled. Airplane mode on/off doesn't change things either. I turned my phone off and on one more time and now have service back but it is a recurring problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lucy wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 🙂 LTE isn't disabled. Airplane mode on/off doesn't change things either. ...

Try it with LTE off and see if it makes a difference.
Lucy wrote:

Thanks for your reply. 🙂 LTE isn't disabled. Airplane mode on/off doesn't change things either. ...

The new iPhone update need to be downloaded then it will work when you turn your phone back on. It did it to me last night. I have a IPhone 5s
Lucy wrote:

Thanks! I'll give that a try.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lucy wrote:

Did it solve your problem?
Userlevel 6
Lucy wrote:

If it doesn't solve your problem, I usually suggest the hammer method.
Just kidding, don't do that.
Lucy wrote:

Just did a big update. When my phone came back on, it said no service and that there was no sim :s but after restarting, it seems to be fine... will see how it goes! Thanks for the help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lucy wrote:

Thank you for coming backa nd keeping us updatet with your problem
Lucy wrote:

So I'm intermittently losing service again, this time with 'invalid sim' and 'sim failure' as well as no service. Anyone have any ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lucy wrote:

It may be time for a new SIM card. They occasionally cease to work.