Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 5C is showing Telus as the carrier

My wife's iPhone 5C is showing Telus as the carrier. When I go into the carrier settings and remove the automatic function, there is NO koodo listing. Instead, what shows up is: Telus, Bell, Rogers and Wind, but no Koodo. Not sure that this is related, but she also cannot send any text messages. I have reached out to Koodo, but their automatic reply for email says 24 hours. Any advice appreciated! Thanks Stu

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Telus is koodo's parent.. Not to worry when it says Telus.. Most likely a network glitch, and your phone will fix itself
Userlevel 6
Subaru_Andy wrote:

Telus is koodo's parent.. Not to worry when it says Telus.. Most likely a network glitch, and you...

It's not a glitch. They share networks as you said. Same thing happens for rogers and fido and bell and virigin. No biggie.
Userlevel 5
Hey Lyle, You can pick Telus just like Subaru suggested. There's no need to worry, this won't have any effect on your service 🙂 Have a great weekend! ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Thanks all for your comments. Its very strange, as my iPhone 6 shows Koodo. However, like you have all noted, the phone does work (receiving phone calls, for example).