Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iphone 5 with no carrier. In Toronto for a week from Sask. Purchase $48.00 plan use in Toronto though it is for Saskatchewan residents only?

Hello friends! I am a Saskatchewan resident and traveling to Toronto for a week. I have iphone 5 that's unlocked but with no carrier. Do you provide sim cards? How can I get set up to use the phone in Toronto for the week? I would like to purchase the $48.00 plan, can I still use this plan in Toronto even though it is for Saskatchewan residents only? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 1
If you have a canada wide plan with koodo it does not matter where you are in Canada. It will work for you anywhere without extra charges with Canada wide packages. In retrospect it is cheaper to have Canada wide as you won't have to be concerned with extra charges popping up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have a Canada Wide plan from SK, then no need to get a new plan! It will work in Toronto as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just make sure you are signed up while you are home in SK first. 
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

YMMV, but this should not be necessary. As long as OP has proof of address in SK (driver's licence, or do validation with passport/SIN/utility bill), then they can activate the SK number in Toronto. Customer will get a 306 or 369 number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

To sign up for the $48 plan you must be at the Kiosk in Sask with ID