Koodo Community
Question

Iphone 5 unlocking

If I purchase an iphone 5 locked to rogers or an iphone 4s locked to rogers or bell, can I unlock it at koodo and use it with koodo mobile as my service provider?

11 replies

you won't be able to unlock it at koodo (kiosk, client care), you have to do it with the original provider.Once done you will be able to use it with koodo.
Userlevel 1
No, only the original company in this case Rogers/Bell can unlock it, because it comes locked to those companies network, if you buy it from Apple directly it comes unlocked an you can unbrick it and use it with Koodo Network, or you can buy one directly from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No, only the original company in this case Rogers/Bell can unlock it, because it comes locked to ...That's only true for Bell/Virgin iPhones. There are 3rd party solutions for other carriers.
thanks
how much does it cost to unlock a phone?
Userlevel 1
how much does it cost to unlock a phone?Koodo charges you 50$ if phone was purchased from Koodo and stayed with Koodo at least 90, I don't know about Bell/Rogers
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
how much does it cost to unlock a phone?Here are the prices from the carriers (you must be eligible - phone registered on account for 90 days and account in good standing): Telus $35 Koodo, Rogers, Fido $50 Bell, Virgin $75 If you're not a customer, these are the usual 3rd party official iTunes unlock prices: Telus, Koodo $35-50 Fido, Rogers $110-160 Bel, Virgin not available via 3rd party
how much does it cost to unlock a phone?What about if you have an Koodo iPhone can you get it unlocked at Telus
Userlevel 4
how much does it cost to unlock a phone?Koodo would still need to unlock it ot a 3rd party service. Telus may own Koodo but they were still a separate company from Koodo.
Hi David Hyatali, Cost of the iPhone unlocking service depends upon your network provider.If you need cheapest iphone unlocking service visit http://www.theunlockarena.com/apple/rs16wp8/ Here you can unlock your unlock your iphone at low cost.