Koodo Community
Solved

iPhone 5 Nano Sim and any charges associated

Hi everyone. So recently I just purchased an iPhone 5. My current phone uses a Micro Sim Card and I need a Nano Sim Card for iPhone 5. I know the Nano Sim Card is $10 but I would like to know do I need to pay any activation charges to activate sim or do I just insert it in the iPhone and it will work automatically? Also is there any way Koodo can transfer my contacts from my Micro Sim to Nano Sim? Is it free or are their charges? I would appreciate any help. Thanks everyone

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Firstly the sim activation is free if done online in self serve. A charge could potentially be in effect in store and over the phone. Secondly you are more likely to be Abe to get Koodo to transfer contacts from your old phone to the iPhone 5. The chances of them having a USB reader for a micro sim or even a nano sim are slim.
Userlevel 2
Jorden wrote:

Firstly the sim activation is free if done online in self serve. A charge could potentially be in...

Once the sim card is activated, you would also need to hook it up to itunes to update the phone to the proper carrier settings, regardless of it being a non-Koodo Iphone or a Koodo Iphone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

Firstly the sim activation is free if done online in self serve. A charge could potentially be in...

activate the sim in self serve. THen pop it in and you are good to go. You might need to power cycle off and on again though
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jorden wrote:

If it is a non-koodo iphone then yes. You can follow the instructions here http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-3-d.shtml
Jorden wrote:

Hey thanks for the quick reply. About the nano sim so I just bring it home and then what?
Jorden wrote:

Do I need to connect it to iTunes or everything is done on the iPhone?