Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 5 CDMA+GSM Verizon on Koodo network ?

HELP* Will this iPhone work on Koodo network? It's a CDMA + GSM Verizon unlocked iPhone. I've been told be some that those don't work apparently on the Koodo network, however, I believe these ones can use both sim and cdma so it should work? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Apple-iPhone-5-32GB-Black-Verizon-Unlocked-Excellent-w-Warranty-Accessories-/271441907893?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item3f3332d0b5&_uhb=1

5 replies

Userlevel 7
As long as the specifications listed in the listing are correct, then yes it will work on Koodo as long as it's unlocked and has a sim card tray/slot.
Userlevel 5
It just wont work with LTE.
Userlevel 7
Jorden wrote:

True. I don't ever use LTE so I never remember 😛 Too much of a battery drain when HSPA is just as good, IMO
Jorden wrote:

Is it because Koodo doesn't support LTE on their HSPA network? I checked and there is LTE coverage in Kelowna based on Koodo's website. How come the phone wont function with LTE?
Userlevel 5
Jorden wrote:

AT&T Verizon and Sprint use different LTE frequencies in the states. I can't remember if the 5C/S are more universal but the iPhone 5 was unique to the big three carriers when it came to LTE. In Canada we're the same as AT&T