Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Iphone 4s to 5 on a contract?

I currently have an iPhone 4s on contract with Koodo but want to upgrade to the 5. Can that be done now or do I have to wait till my contract is up?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi there Trina, You would have to call in to see if you are eligible for early phone upgrade. But you may be asked to pay the remaining months left on your contract and sign another 3 year contract.
Erwin wrote:

Hi there Trina, You would have to call in to see if you are eligible for early phone upgrade. ...

but it is possible? I was told by someone that you had to wait till the end of your contract. I thought that was a bit silly
Erwin wrote:

Hi there Trina, You would have to call in to see if you are eligible for early phone upgrade. ...

Hi Trina, It is possible to upgrade at any time but you will have to pay out your remaining contract. If you purchase the iPhone 5 ioutright, you can keep existing contract and simply swap the device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Best bet is to compare the cost to buy the iPhone 5 on your own vs. the penalty to cancel the contract. Because Koodo is typically no contract (with the exception of the iphone) their upgrading options might not be the best. But if they do offer it, the earliest you would be able to upgrade without penalty would be after 2 years (which is standard among most of the big 3 providers)
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Best bet is to compare the cost to buy the iPhone 5 on your own vs. the penalty to cancel the con...

Hi Dennis, with our iPhone contracts, there is no penalty to upgrade and it can be done anytime. We simply ask the customers to pay for the remainder of their iPhone discount, with no additional fees or penalty. Koodo takes the amount of the discount and divides it by 36 months (e.g. $490/36). Each month the customer owes 1/36th less of their initial discount. Thank you! ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Best bet is to compare the cost to buy the iPhone 5 on your own vs. the penalty to cancel the con...

Thanks for the clarification Yannick
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

You're welcome Dennis! Thank you for your help and dedication 🙂