Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 4S Sim Card to Unlocked iPhone 6?

Hi,

I'm currently using an iPhone 4S (Canada,) and I have an unlocked iPhone 6 from the US. I checked https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202645, and it says the two phones have different SIM cards. Do I purchase the Nano-SIM card from Koodo, and then get it activated by Koodo?

I'm currently on Koodo's monthly plans, will there be any extra charges to this, other than buying the Nano-SIM card? Thanks! 🙂

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You just purchase a SIM at a Koodo booth they will help you set it up and the only charge should be the price of the Sim card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello! No there will not be extra charges. You simply pay 10 dollars for the sim card from Koodo if you're postpaid. You will have to get the number transferred to the new sim is all. It can be at a Koodo store/kiosk or call it in. You could cut it with a cutter or manually if you measure it precisely but some recommend against it, others prefer to do it. Up to your comfort level, and be careful not to force it in after it's cut and filed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Hello! No there will not be extra charges. You simply pay 10 dollars for the sim card from Koodo ...

Cutting the sim sould be a last resort kind of thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Hello! No there will not be extra charges. You simply pay 10 dollars for the sim card from Koodo ...

I'm in the camp that disagrees (in case you couldn't tell from my previous posts!) but I also fully understand why it is seen as a last resort. I recommend using a stamp if you're going to cut, so the tolerances are pretty well guaranteed retained.

I do wish it would be free if you need a new sim for a new phone specifically. Prepaid is effectively free. 
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

I highly recommend getting the new sim card that is the proper size. Cutting the card could run your brand new iPhone! Best to pay the 10$ for the sim card and not risk running at 900$phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

That's fair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want to keep both SIMs active, all you need to do is switch over from one to the other within 90 days and back again. This only works for postpaid SIM cards... but if you wish to use both phones alternatively this might be good to know.

If you plan on only using the iPhone 6, I'd say spend the $10 once (or buy a cheaper SIM from eBay if you can find one) and be done with it 😃