Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 4s Plan and Tab and Purchasing

Hi, I'm thinking about getting an iPhone 4s and I'm quite confused how much I have to pay when I buy it and how much I have to pay a month with Tab Medium. When I purchase this phone, do I pay 50 dollars? And then pay 39 dollars a month (with tab medium)

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes, it's an upfront price of $50. Then you'll have a negative 300 Tab balance (medium) on the phone. You can keep your old plan (as long as it's above $30 or a promotional $29 plan) or pick any new plan. There's a $5 Tab charge each month until the Tab is paid off or you hit 24 months (whichever comes first).
Userlevel 2
Jonathan is correct. You would pay $50 in store and then your tab balance would be $300 because its a $350 phone. With a medium tab Koodo contribues 15% of your monthly bill towards your tab each month and $5 gets added to your monthly rate to contribute towards paying your tab down.
Userlevel 7
Angelea Leaming wrote:

Jonathan is correct. You would pay $50 in store and then your tab balance would be $300 because i...

If the 15% + 5 doesn't amount to 12.50 each month, then Koodo adjusts it themselves to ensure CRTC compliance.
Angelea Leaming wrote:

Jonathan is correct. You would pay $50 in store and then your tab balance would be $300 because i...

I was told my bill would only be $5 higher. Not 12.50. I asked MANY times, if there were additional or hidden fees. And the woman calculated the cost in front of me. It was $61.02 a month and she said it would be $66.67 a month. That I could handle within my budget. Now each month it's $73.45. That's not what I agreed to. How do I change this?
Userlevel 7
Angelea Leaming wrote:

It is $5 more not 12.50 more. What Jonathan was talking about was if the 15% contribution from your bill + the 5 didn't equal 12.50, koodo would adjust it themselves. Robyn, try checking page 3 of your bill for any extra charges. Post back so we can find out where the extra charges are coming from. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Angelea Leaming wrote:

I discovered that Tab redemptions cause proration, even if the plan wasn't changed. I think you just got caught in between billing cycles.