Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iPhone 4S not receiving texts from some numbers

Recently, I have been made aware of the fact that my iPhone 4S has been not receiving texts from certain numbers (my best friend and boyfriend's numbers to be exact). Needless to say, this is frustrating, and stressful for both relationships. So far, it's just been both those numbers, but I want to fix this problem before it spreads to other numbers. I have tried turning the phone off, and removing the SIM card, but it still happened afterwards. My phone is always kept at a reasonable charging level, and everything else is ok. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there Sarah... I can imagine your frustration on this, specially when is your boyfriend's number one of those you are having issues with... I will suggest you to speak to Tech support, call from a different phone so you can troubleshoot with them, they will see if there is an issue and they will address it, on the other hand, if you are able to receive sms from different numbers, haven't you thought that probably is not your phone, but theirs?
Userlevel 1
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Sarah... I can imagine your frustration on this, specially when is your boyfriend's numb...

Are they receiving from you?if yes ask them to reply directly to your message, not using their contacts, let them delete your number from their contacts, else call Koodo Tech Support Like Camilo suggested!
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there Sarah... I can imagine your frustration on this, specially when is your boyfriend's numb...

Yes, I had that thought, but just because of circumstance and such, I've been thinking its my phone... Thanks!
Userlevel 1
Camilo_A wrote:

Like reported by Yannick and Camillo, if you exhausted all trials, you should ask for help by calling Koodo Tech SUpport at:1-866-995-6636 X6 using different line.
Userlevel 6
Hi Sarah, do your friend and boyfriend have an iPhone? If yes, the issue could be related to iMessage. In that case, disable iMessage and see if you can receive their messages. Thank you. ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Yannick wrote:

Hi Sarah, do your friend and boyfriend have an iPhone? If yes, the issue could be related to iMes...

My 5c is doing the same thing. I have only had it for a month. I know of 5 numbers I am able to text but cannot receive texts from! I just switched to koodo and am not very happy! Spent 90 mins on the phone with tech support and was unable to resolve it. Told me it was probably their provider but I am having issues with 5 contacts and they are only having problems with me.
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

Hi Sarah, do your friend and boyfriend have an iPhone? If yes, the issue could be related to iMes...

What steps did tech support take you through in order to try to resolve the issue? There have been a few people who have had issues with iPhones not receiving text messages mostly because of iMessage not working correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Daniel, same question posted ere : http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/not-getting-texts-on-iphone-5c
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

Thanks Robert, I wasn't sure if there was another thread or something for it. I'll check that out! 🙂