Koodo Community
Question

Iphone 4s G3 is so slow it doesn't work...

• 3 January 2014
  • 3 replies

I just got an iphone 4s and it is running on the G3 network. My problem is that the network is so slow I can't even load a webpage... Does anyone else have this problem? I'm not sure why Kodoo would sell me a data plan and phone that basically doesn't work. Also when they update to their G4 network will my phone be able to run on the G4 network? Maybe it will get faster? Otherwise, I think I got duped and bought a $300 phone that doesn't work and will be totally obselete in 3 months...

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure this is cellular data and not wifi? Is your data slow or not working altogether? Are you getting coverage? http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps Is your data actually turned on? On iOS 7 - Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data You can try to rest your network settings On iOS 7 - Settings>General>Reset>Reset Networksettings
Userlevel 7
The iPhone 4S is already a 2 year old device. Apple re-releases their older phones with 8GB models and decreases their price to make more accessible to consumers. ... dear God, it feels like that thing came out yesterday. Anyway, could it be that you're just in a poor reception area? It's not a terribly slow phone by any means and your 3G should work fine. Perhaps try someone else's data plan in your phone to see if it works better? Maybe you just need a new SIM card. It could be any # of things. Also, while Koodo already has an LTE network, the 4S doesn't have LTE capability so you can't use it.
Hi Everyone, Thank you for your answers... in the end, I figured it out... My network needed a reset. For those of you with the same problem... try Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings