Koodo Community

Community

Solved

iphone 4s - can koodo unlock or do I have to go to original carrier.

My friend gave me her old iphone 4s that she had with rogers - her contract has expired - can Koodo unlock it? If they can what is the cost?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo can't unlock it. Either Rogers has to or a 3rd party
Ahmad wrote:

Can you recommend a 3rd party?  So many I've seen look like a scam!

Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Well, the thing with 3rd parties is that there are soo many of them!!! I would recommend you go in your local mall and have them unlock it for you. 
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

Just a heads up, if the contract is not paid off (ie. your friend defaulted on their payments before the end of their contract) even using a 3rd party to unlock isn't going to work.

My niece recently had this problem. Friend gave her an old iPhone, she paid online to get it unlocked, but then it was still deactivated after a couple of days (ie. reported as stolen) because her "friend" hadn't paid off the original bill.

Make sure it's actually off contract (read) totally paid off before you pay a 3rd party to unlock it.
Absolutely no ! Locked carrier is Rogers . So, you need to call Rogers to provide unlocking service for your iPhone 4s . If they refuse to provide it means, you can approach any of the 3rd party online vendors like http://www.superunlockcodes.com/apple-iphone-4s/rs16wp9/ who provides Remote unlocking method to unlock it . If you are not willing to get it from them, you can use any of the software or hardware unlocking method to unlock your iPhone 4s from network lock .