Koodo Community
Question

iPhone 4S?

• 22 December 2012
  • 10 replies

My parents were going to get me an iPhone 4S for Christmas and they searched everywhere in Halifax and outlining communities for one with Koodo, yet none were in stock. There were iPhone 4S's with every other carrier, but I can;t pass up the plan I currently have with Koodo, especially when it definitely is the best phone company out there. One Future Shop representative said that the iPhone 4S hasn't been re-stocked with them in over a month; but I saw the iPhone 4S on the Koodo website very recently until today. Is the iPhone 4S just sold out on Koodo or is it discontinued? I would be incredibly disappointed if it was discontinued because 8GB isn't big enough for me and an iPhone 5 is too expensive; the iPhone 4S was the perfect middle ground. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
If you're going to buy one outright anyway, don't buy from Telus buy from Apple. Same price and ...Yeah, but Jorden is trying to say, just get one from Apple, because the iPhones from Apple are unlocked for any carrier, while Telus iPhones can work on Telus and Koodo but for other carriers, you have to unlock them.
Userlevel 6
If you're going to buy one outright anyway, don't buy from Telus buy from Apple. Same price and ...Telus iphone doesn't have to be unlocked. My friend did the same, bought one from them and brought it to koodo. No unlocking needed just changing the APNs.
Userlevel 5
If you're going to buy one outright anyway, don't buy from Telus buy from Apple. Same price and it's unlocked so even if you travel you can just get a local sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having ...Ok I didn't say that they are not getting it in for sure I was giving info I've gathered from on here that the person might not have is all I was doing and I don't understand how there is no quality in doing so. I also said exactly what you did about going and getting one from another provider. You just beat me to the follow up question. I really don't see anything wrong with my answer but thanks for info I take it your a moderator of the forum then?
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having ...Thank you both for your help! 🙂
Userlevel 2
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having ...I get that you're trying to help, I'm just saying that if it's really about "quality and not quantity" on this board, members (especially those who want to become 'mobile masters') shouldn't be providing information that's based on educated guesses. 3 weeks ago I noticed the 9360 in the shop, but by the time I actually got around to ordering it, it was gone, completely removed from the site. A week later it popped up again and I grabbed it. I'm not saying you're wrong about the 4S, but speculation isn't something that should be relayed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having ...I say that because it's been taken down from the Web store and they only do that when they are not carrying an item anymore not when they just don't have stock in. The Galaxy S3 was out of stock but they are getting more so it's been left up on the Web store. This is why I believe they are not carrying the S4 anymore. I did add that I could be wrong but this is what I believe from the evidence I just stated.
Userlevel 2
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having ...Robert Grove - Yes, you can bring an outright purchased iphone from another carrier over to koodo - provided it's unlocked. You don't need to sign up with another carrier, just buy it outright. You can also do this online from the apple store. I believe a telus iphone would work without being unlocked, but you'll have to double check with someone that's familiar with this type of thing. Kid Robot - If you're not sure about something, you shouldn't say anything at all (re: "As it looks right now they will not be getting the 4s back in stock but I could be wrong."). Unless you have some inside information from Koodo internal documents, or have seen this information officially released somewhere, you're just guessing. It's the holiday season, it makes complete sense that a popular electronic device might be out of stock at this time, it doesn't mean Koodo has discontinued it. edit: i meant kid android *facepalm*
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having ...Would I be able to buy it right out from Telus or would I actually have to make an account with them and then buy it and move it over?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The 4s hasn't been on the koodo Web store for about a week now and a few ppl were on here having problems with theirs. As it looks right now they will not be getting the 4s back in stock but I could be wrong. You can get one from Telus and bring it to Koodo. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)